Friday, 14 December 2012

Birthday at Christmas

It's Friday and that means time for another challenge at Polka Doodles Challenge blog. This week  is Challenge #50 and the theme is "Birthday at Christmas / Birthday of Young Adult". A birthday at this time is easily overshadowed by the festive lights and glitter but it doesn't have to be so.

I made this card for a good friend whose birthday falls on the 23rd of December.  Like me, she has a sweet tooth and I had no problems whatsoever deciding on a theme for her card. The season is full of sweet things and so what better excuse to use the pre-coloured gingerbread man image and patterned paper from the PickNix Gingerbread Twist CD. I've been eyeing these pre-coloured images in this CD because they look good enough to eat! As an added bonus, they  really do make light work of a card, if you're short on time (or ideas!)

I did not go out of my way to ignore all things Christmassy simply because my friend is a huge fan of the season and of gingerbread men.

Here's what I've come up with:

The image and green plaid patterned paper are from the Gingerbread Twist CD. I just added some lace, brads and twine from my stash to jazz things up.

Here's a close-up of the pre-coloured image. Isn't he just delicious! I poked a couple of holes on the present, threaded some twine over the box and tired a bow for a 3-D effect.  For the greeting I used tiny alpha stamps from my local office supply. store.
The card is flat for easy mailing.

I also adhered  a sentiment from the Gingerbread Twist CD and made some room for a personal message. 

Although the Gingerbread Twist CD is essentially about Christmas, there are quite a few images, sentiments and other accessories that can be used to create birthday cards and friendship cards. It's quite a versatile collection. 

Stop by at the rest of the Design Team and and be inspired by their lovely creations for this week's Challenge. And then show us what you come up with to make a birthday at this time special. Remember, the winner walks away with a cool prize!


That's all from me today. Thanks for stopping by and I can't wait to see your take on this week's challenge. See you again real soon!
Beijinhos!


Blogged to:
       

15 comments:

  1. I love it Asha - great use of the gingerbread man. Fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very "sweet" if you'll pardon the pun!

    A really lovely creations hun.

    Hugs,
    Krafty Karen.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, girl! I know the gingerbread image is precolored but you don't skimp on the wonderful details nonetheless! I love the twine in the present and the lace on either side of the image.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card for a holiday birthday! Saw your card at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very Cute thanks for joining us this week at Love to Create Hugs Sandra DT xx
    careyscards.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, the image is so sweet and the lace is such a festive touch! Love this card and all the elements you used to make it special! Thanks for joining in our linky party at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is simply adorable...love what you've done with the twine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. adorable! thanks for joining the linky party!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This adorable gingerbread man! He really stands out in the gallery!

    ReplyDelete
  10. super sweet and i love the twine tied package :)
    So glad you joined us for our first link party on Seize the Birthday.
    Looking forward to seeing you for our first challenge in Jan :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now that is a great holiday birthday card! My sister's birthday is mid-December, and my mom always made a HUGE deal about not combining it with Christmas, to the point where she would re-wrap gifts people brought in Christmas paper. She's put the tree up on her birthday for years now ;P
    Love the pre-coloured digis myself - every now & then you just NEED TO BE FASTER :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a sweet and fun card! Love this image and how you put it all together!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a cute card Asha, the gingerbread man is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...