Wednesday, 21 November 2012

Yuletide Joy

It's been a strange ol' day today. You know those days when things just don't fall into place like you want them to; when even the simplest task takes forever to complete; when everyone seems to be getting in your way. It's been one of those days for me. And I'm glad the day has finally come to an end.

This is going to be quick post to show yet another of my struggles today. It took forever to finish this card and I must say I am not entirely convinced by the outcome. Tomorrow is another day, but today I leave you with this:


No patterned papers because I couldn't decide on any. So I went with embossing. I used HOTP's Snowflake border folder and ended up with embossed and debossed panels .... another fruit of my indecision.

In an attempt to obscure my "deliberate" mistake I went ahead and and stamped little snowflakes in the gaps  in the my embossed/debossed  background.  For the banner, I curved the border stamp from HOTP's "Enchanted Christmas" stamp set, inked with Memento Bamboo Leaves and fussy cut it. Then I adhered it to the card with some pop dots and added 2 brown buttons on the ends. I still didn't have a clear plan ... and no focal image...   

I picked the reindeer stamp from the HOTP set and stamped him with Memento Rich Cocoa. Rudy was too tall, so off went his legs, leaving just his top half in the Spellbinders Standard Circles die-cut. I layered the image on a red Spellbinders Scalloped Circles die-cut. For embellishment, I tied some red raffia into a bow and stuck red rhinestones on Rudy's antlers. Then I stamped "Joy" in Memento Rhubarb Stalk... and I have no idea why.  

On the inside, there's faux stitching and a greeting from WMS "Compliments of the Season" stamped in Rich Cocoa.


So there you have it - my meandering mind in action! Ideas and inspiration came from Tuesday Morning Sketches #173The Shabby Tea Room #141"TicTacToe: Stitching, Embossing, Buttons" and Holly Jolly Christmas "3Rs" Raffia, Reindeer and Red Rhinestones.














I'm going to call it a day and head on off to bed. Thanks for dropping in and I'll see you real soon.

Beijinhos!


Blogged to:
Mon Cheríe and 

 

14 comments:

  1. Well Asha, you may not be convinced but I certainly am. I love this card! It's so beautiful and I like your choice of background - the embossing and stamping is perfect! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks fabulous! No mistakes just creative leeway!!! A delightful Christmas card.
    Hugs, Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your card looks great Asha! That image is lovely! We all have those bad days. Hope your day today has been better :) Thanks for sharing with us at Holly Jolly. Regards Meighan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Asha - love the pop of colour and wonderful mis of embossing and stampin - great idea. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful design and fabulous coloring. Lovely card! Thanks for visiting and leaving the sweet luv.
    Hugs
    Berni
    berni46blogspot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, Asha!!! I love the embossing and stitching!! That inspiration pic from Shabby Tea Room is awesome!! I might make one! Not a card, but the actual decoration!! :)
    Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card turned out great, and I LOVE the stamped, red snowflakes. I'm always having to improvise on my cards to cover up my mistakes and bad ideas. I look at those days as a challenge all by itself. :) Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like Asha especially the background and how you stamped it yourself plus Rudy looks so elegant in brown, I would say regal!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just a note, this card is fantastic and delightful. Thanks for visiting and leaving the sweet luv.
    Hugs
    Berni
    berni46blogspot.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness Asha, I love this card and you've included so many wonderful elements. Terrific Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful elegant card! I wuubbbb it ;)! The embossing is gorgeous, Asha!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card. Love the embossed snowflakes! Great touch
    Thanks for joining us in the Tea Room this week. Hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so very excited to see your wonderful card using my sketch at Tuesday Morning Sketches, we will have another challenge start on Tuesday Morining. :) Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Asha, your take on the sketch is perfect! What a great card for the holidays! Thank you for playing the TMS....hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...