Sunday, 25 November 2012

Star & Pearls

Pelted by celestial hooligans! I'm talking about hailstorm, my friends. All day we were attacked from above; bombarded with whopping big chunks of ice. Nuclear powered hailstones - I kid you not! It wasn't safe to venture out so we stayed indoors, huddled in front of the fire in pre-historic fashion. The 21st century version goes something like this: "Man lights fire. Woman puts her feet up!"  And as soon as the familiar synchronised snoring of man and beasts began, I snuck off to make this card:


The paper is from Papermania's Liquorice & Sherbet A4 pack. I think today's icy weather may have influenced my choice of colours. To keep it soft, I used white lace and sheer white ribbon too.

My focal point is that star from WMS Seasons of Love - Tags. I stamped it with Versacolor Silver onto dark blue CS, sprinkled with Silver Holographic EP and heat set it.  Then I cut it with Spellbinders Stars Five S4-092. The greeting is aslo from the same WMS set, stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black on silver-grey CS and cut with Spellbinders Standard Circles die. Then I adhered pearls all around it.  

I stitched some vertical lines in grey and added more pearls at the end of each line.

On the inside, I continued with the Seasons's of Love tag and stamped two sentiments in Memento Danube Blue.  

Inspiration for this card came from WMSC#125;  52 Christmas Card Throwdown November Embellishments#11 "Pearls"; CSAYL#37 "To Die 4"; Daring Card Makers "Twinkle Twinkle";
Totally Papercrafts Friday Challenges #144 "All Stitched Up" and Crazy for Challenges #164 "Put a Bow on It". You can also catch me at MIM#118 - loads of inspiration from fellow crafters!














That's all from me today. Thanks for dropping in. Enjoy the rest of the weekend and see you soon!

Beijinhos!



Blogged to:
Sweet potato pie and


33 comments:

  1. Oh my word this is absolutely stunning!!! Gorgeous colors and amazing accents! Amazing card, Asha! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning, love the glitter on the star and the design. Simply elegant, Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is that fab named paper again-liq and sherbet!
    All glitter and glam and an Asha delight! Forgot to mention in your last post that Turkey is my best oat of Xmas meal!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Asha,
    Gorgeous card, lovely sketch. Love the star, colours all.
    Hugs Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning Asha - love the embossed star, so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful, can't decide which I like best - the star or the bow -they are both stunning! Thanks for joining us again on 52 CCT this week

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty! Love the softness of the lace and ribbons. Thanks for playing with CSAYL.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Asha - love the frosty colour scheme and the soft details! Thanks so much for joining us at 52 {C}CT for our pearls challenge! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!! This is gorgeous!! All your creations are, but this one is extra beautiful!!! I love the glittery star and the bow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely stunning creation Asha! Thank you for explaining the details and for the comic relief as well!
    :)S

    ReplyDelete
  11. So beautiful!! This really is a stunning creation - love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh so very pretty, Asha! Love all them sparkles!!! The stitching is so perfect and the lace ribbons are so dainty and gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning creation... Love all the sparkle, Such an elegant card.. Beautiful design! Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Magnificent, Asha! Love the silver and blue combo.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the sparkly star and clever way to make "banner flags"!! Wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Asha! Your stitching is amazing and I love all the bling on the sentiment! Beautiful inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOL. Many a night have I sneaked off once my husband is asleep to get just a few more minutes alone in my craft room. I love your beautiful embossed star and it is so perfectly finished on the inside too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very pretty,
    thanks for joining us at DCM.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolutely beautiful! I really like the stitched banners and the sparkle on the star! Love it!

    BTW - your post really made me smile, especially the bit about "synchronised snoring of man and beasts"! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I really like this card! The stitched, parchment paper over the pattern paper is a great idea, it wraps the card in a wintery atmosphere. I love the big blue star!

    Rosi x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cute and lovely card!
    Thank you for sharing at CSAYL;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  22. what superb card its really lovely thank you for sharing it with us at TOTALLY PAPER CRAFTS hug sassyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Asha - Gorgeous card!! Gorgeous pearly star, gorgeous bow and gorgeous colors and stitching. Did I tell you I think its Gorgeous?? Thanks so much for joining us this week at 52CCT!

    ReplyDelete
  24. The star and the pearls on your card is just stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  25. The stitched lines are a great way to use the sketch, this is a fabby starry card, well done!! Thanks for playing along with the Mischief Makers this week!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Asha!!! What a fabulous idea!!!! Love what you've done with the stitching! It's genius!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Gorgeous card and colors. Spotted this on MIM..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hello Asha. Your card is Fantastic. Saw this on MIM..Faye

    ReplyDelete
  29. So pretty Asha, love the beautiful ribbon..gorgeous card.

    Thanks for sharing with us at Make it Monday..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your card looks absolutely stunning, Asha! Love the soft look you've created with lovely papers, lace, ribbon and pearls - this is so beautifully put together into a fabulous clean design! The stitching is such a nice detail too! I came over from MIM to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Stunning card Asha! I'm totally starstruck lol. Your attention to detail really makes this card stand out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Beautiful card. I saw it on MIM and wanted to stop by and say hi.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I saw your beautiful creation on Make It Monday and had to visit and take a closer look. Gorgeous! TFS!

    My entries are: #9, #12, #30, # 87, # 126, #127, #128, #157, #172, #173 and #176.

    I would love to have you visit my blogs: Paper and Scraps Creations by Julia and Me and Myself on the Dark…

    Hugs,

    Julia

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...