Sunday, 25 November 2012

Sparkly Winter Cottage

Christmas is just around the corner, folks...and I am fretting....BIG TIME! How about you? All is calm, all is bright in your world? Not so over here. There's so much to do, cleaning, baking and selling at church bazaars and fairs, more baking and eating and drinking ...it's a never ending cycle until I stuff that bird and shove him in the oven on Christmas day! Truth be told, I don't really eat turkey. Side dishes like roast veges, creamy mashed potatoes, sauteed greens, parsnip gratin,  chutneys... these are a few of my favourite things.  One Christmas I might just forget the turkey altogether...wouldn't that be a dinner to remember!

Took a little time out from fretting (and daydreaming) to make a sparkly card for the 7th Eclectic Ellapu challenge, which is aptly named  Celebration With Sparkle. I used lots of Stickles, shimmer dust and embossing powders on my card. And here it is:

Made a honkin' big card: 6x6 to frame the 4x4 image. The papers are from  Studio 12  PickNix Collection 2 Gingerbread Twist. The greeting is from Chocolate Baroque's "Warm Christnas Greetings" clear stamp set. I heat embossed it with Silver EP.

The image is from Chocolate Baroque's "The Gift of Christmas" set. It's absolutely gorgeous and a delight to colour.

Here's a close-up. I used SN markers. Although this looks like a wintery image,  is so versatile you could make it  for any season. All that snow can easily be coloured as grass and leaves.

All that glistens is snow...and with that in mind I generously, liberally and all-too-muchly applied Crystal and Frosted Lace Stickles on the evergreens and snow.

And here's the inside. Lovely sentiment from Chocolate Baroque's Warm Christmas Greeting set.



That's my contribution for this challenge.  But have you seen what the other DT members have created? What are you waiting for? Head on over to Eclectic Ellapu and be inspired! We're waiting for you!

Also linking up with these challenges: Challenge Up Your Life #83 "1st Snow", Hiding In My Craftroom #73 "Christmas" and Wags n Whiskers #93 "Christmas". Don't forget to swing by Make It Monday #117 and gawk at some wonderful creations.

Hope you're enjoying the weekend. Thanks for dropping in and we'll catch up real soon!

Beijinhos!


Blogged to:
Tiramisu and 


21 comments:

  1. OMG Asha I need that image!!!!. Is it a stamp???. It is absolutely gorgeous and your card is stunning honey. The colouring is amazing. Wouldn't you just love that house to be your's!!!!. The inside sentiment is beautiful too. You are a very talented lady. Big hugs Clare xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful!!! That image is amazing!! I'm imagining something made with it coloured for all 4 seasons!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you colored the image - you are ever so patient! Love the addition of the stickles for the sparkle effect ;). Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Asha, this is such a warming card, if that makes sense, it gives me a warm, cosy feeling and the trees just over the border look great. I just love that inside sentiment, may have to go shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Asha, I adore this stamp - may have to go on my Christmas list! You've coloured it so beautifully and it reallys does sparkle! Love the inside - beautiful job!

    Hugs

    Laurian

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful scene - really reminds me of England :) Love the sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely cottage love the smoke out the chimney. Looks such a peaceful
    card.. Saw this on MIM and had to take a closer peek. Sandy :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great coloring! Love the image!! I love that tree in the front!!
    Saw you at MIM
    Hugs
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Asha. I spotted this on MIM..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a lovely Christmas card, Asha, and such beautiful coloring! I love the image, and I agree with you, this one can be used for other seasons as well - depends on your choice of colors and design. I spotted your card on MIM.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card! Thanks for playing along at Hiding in my Craft Room! ~Amber

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card! The image and details are very serene. I found you at Make It Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A beautiful card, a great design and wonderful colors....thanks for joining us this week at
    Challenge up your life!
    Hugs Michaela

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful card. I saw it on Make it Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your card looks so welcoming I think I could walk right through the front door of the cottage. Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so beautiful Asha, love scenery on Christmas cards, they always give me a warm glo lol!! Thank you for sharing with us this week at "Make it Monday"...

    Remember, to be in the running to win the prize from our sponsor this week just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning!

    Hugs,
    Marjorie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello. Your card is Fantastic..Popped in from MIM. Faye

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeously creative. Loving the colours, design and attention to detail. Saw this on MIM and had to come over for a closer look. Hugs Desire {Doing Life - my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  19. Outstanding work! Your coloring on this project is just fabulous!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous card !gives nice wintery feeling.Spotted on MIM

    ReplyDelete
  21. saw your cards on MIM hopped over for a closer look what a beautiful scene, its a lovely card.

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...