Monday, 5 November 2012

Sparkly Warm Winter

Hello, my friends! It seems like I haven't posted for ages! My last post was on Tuesday...a week ago. I haven't been involved in anything covert nor have I been hiding from the law. We simply decided to make good use of the few days of holidays we had. It's all very hazy now but I vaguely recall plenty of Port, dark chocolates, good friends, belly-clutching laughter and...buckets of rain!
Everything is back to normal now... and it's still chucking it down. No fireworks for us today. Wait a minute... what am I saying? We don't celebrate Guy Fawkes in Portugal and I dare say not many here have heard of this incendiary chap. However, in memory of  Mr F and his exploits I made this sparkly card for this week's Mojo challenge #266

The papers are from Papermania's "Mistletoe" 6x6 pad.... from 2 years ago, I think!
It's not easy to photograph sparkly and shiny stuff. I stamped that snowflake from Chocolate Baroque's Gift of Christmas set in Versacolor Silver and heat embossed it with Silver Holographic EP. Then I threw in blue and clear bling. And of course, that wasn't enough, so I accidentally spilt somw Crystal Stickles all over that snow flake. 
The card is almost flat. No foam tape.... I don't know what came over me. That snowflake medallion would have been perfect for some pop-dot action.  The sentiment is  from the same CB stap set, stamped in Memento Rich Cocoa. And being very clumsy today, I once again knocked over my Crystal Stickles...this time in ramdom dots all over the background paper!

And here is the inside, the sentiment is from CB's "Christmas Sentiment" set. 


That's it from me today. I'm going to catch up on some blog visitations and "commentations". Y'all stay warm and dry.

Before I go remember this star-fold card called "Scottie's Noel" that I made a few months back? Well, ever since it was featured in Papercraft Inspiration Issue #105, my email has been bursting with requests for a tutorial . I'm not used to receiving so many emails...in fact it has never happened before and an encore is not imminent. But if you're interested in seeing a how-to pictorial, head on over to "Scottie's Noel" ...in about 10 minutes it should be up...make that 20...I'm having a slow day!

Thanks for stopping by and see you soon!

Beijinhos!


Blogged to:
Caramel almond tart and

9 comments:

  1. Such a lovely card. That snowflake is so beautiful. Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Asha
    Lovely sparkly card nearly as sparkly as the fireworks I went to see last night.
    Hope you are well.
    Hugs
    Suzie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful!! I love the sparkly snowflake!! It's amazing even without any popdots!
    Wow! Your star card is fabulous! Looks complicated to me but so beautiful that I will have to try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the patterned CS you used for this card! And thanks for the link to the star fold card - it wad gorgeous! I'm gonna have to try making one soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lots of fireworks here! I cant keep looking at taat striped paper, it is so cheery afunky and naturally all that sparkle is just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is lovely I love your sparkly snowflake and the colours you have used
    Thanks for joining in Sparkles Christmas challenge this month

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty Asha, not sure who the chap is but love the card. ;) I've missed your posts but glad you had a wonderful break. Terrific card & welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous!! Love your take on the Mojo Monday sketch and all those beautiful papers you used! Plus, the snowflake is stunning!! Thanks for playing with CSAYL. And don't you just love Brandon Heath?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A brilliant creation!

    Thank you for sharing at Sparkles Christmas Challenges this time
    Good luck in the draw

    Shaz x

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...