Wednesday, 14 November 2012

Peace on Earth

Can you believe it? We're half way through the week, smack in the middle of the month and just hours away from Christmas! Ok, the last bit was an exaggeration, but it feels like the year is about to end. That makes me another year older ... and greyer... not happy at all about that! In order to calm my nerves I made a late night appoint with my toys at "Studio Zen". (That's what I've decided to call our conservatory.)














Using the sketch from Waltzingmouse Challenge #123 and colours from CR8FN #67 "Plum, Gold and Tan" I came up with this non-trad Christmas card:


The patterned paper is from Basic Grey's "Wisteria" collection. 

The sentiment is from WMS Say It Loud Winter Holiday set.  I stamped "Peace" with Brilliance Galaxy Gold and heat set with some Metallic Gold EP. For "On Earth" I used Memento Tuxedo Black. For layering I used Spellbinders Classic Ovals (S4-110) and Classic Scalloped Ovals (S4-111). 3 plum blings complete that picture. And I adhered the whole thing on some SC which I embossed using Crafts Too "Daisy" folder.
To finish the card, I added some sheer tan ribbon, cream crochet lace and 5 gold blings.  And since it's a Christmas card, I went ahead and did my stitching with Anchor gold embroidery floss....extravagant, I know! LOL!

And here's the inside. Some more paper from the BG collection and greetings from Say Iy Loud Winter Holiday.

I'm aslo going to link up with The Ribbon Reel challenge #41 "Crochet"....on account of that little bit of crochet lace.

That's my card for today. I'm off to bed now. Thanks for stopping by and I'll see you in a couple of days. Good night...zzzzzz

Beijinhos!


Blogged to:
  


18 comments:

  1. An elegant card and what wonderful colours:-) TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful card! The embossed sentiment looks fabulous and I love the rhinestones! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. another winner my friend, the colour combo is striking and wow to the gold stitching and sheer ribbon x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous use of the colors, Asha, and it's perfect for the sketch. Love the lace trim!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully elegant Christmas card! I really like the gold stitching, the fab embossing and that lovely bold sentiment. Thanks for playing along with CR84FN this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the WMS sentiment, gold stitching, and embossing! Lovely elegant card! Thanks for playing at CR84FN!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is very pretty! I can't believe I said that because I would never put purple and Christmas together, but you made it work beautifully!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Asha - totally drool worthy! I am absolutely lovin all the gold - stitches too! BEAUTIFUL!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. fabulous, luv the inside too...hope you have a great day!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful! Love your design and choice of colors! Thanks so much for playing with us at WMSC and have a nice week-end, hugs, Karin

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful challenge combo card! Love the shimmer on the sentiment. The background paper highlights it perfectly. And the inside? SUCH a great design. Your writing style always makes me giggle, Asha! Hours away from Christmas?! Yikes, say it isn't so!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow, this is a beautiful card Asha! Thanks so much for joining us at CR84FN this week x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is beautiful Asha! Beautiful sentiment! We could use some Peace on earth!

    ReplyDelete
  14. nice stitching and embossing and layers. this is lovely. thanks for playing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the sentiment panel-the big gold letters and the stitching! Very nice! Thanks for playing with us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just beautiful! I love th epapers, the gold embossed sentiment and the pretty lace and gold stitching!
    Thanks for joining us at CR84FN this week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a pretty card! Thanks for playing along at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  18. First, LOVE your kitty tribute from one cat lover to another. So SWEET. Your card is so pretty with the big gold PEACE and the embossing! The inside is FAB, too! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...