Monday, 19 November 2012

On Your 3rd Birthday

Hello fellow crafters. Is it cold where you are? It sure is here. Granted, it was a dry day but as the sun went down, so did the temp. Oh my achy (breaky) bones....  On to more pleasant topics: 1- it's Monday...Mojo day ...Yay!!! And 2 - I did not make a Christmas card .... double Yay!

I made a birthday card for a previously wee baby who, in a couple of weeks will reach the ripe old age of 3! Time flies...I tell ya...leaving us ol' timers in a warp-speed daze....or is it just me...I forget...  And why am I here rambling on...oh yes! My Mojo card. Here it is. Take a look while I fetch my warm slippers, cocoa and a muffler ...

The patterned papers are by Jennifer Ellory "Summertime".

That cute image is called "Meeshelle", Polka Doodles' flutterby rubber stamp. I used Memento Tuxedo Black and  Spectrum Noir pens.  All girls love bling, even at age 3!

I stamped 3 little butterflies from the same stamp set in Memento Bamboo Leaves and  coloured in pink, grey and green.  Then I fussy cut and adhered them to the card with some foam tape. The sentiment is  Wild Rose Studio stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black and cut out with Spellbinders Ribbon Banners die. To finish I tied a bow in pink and green twine. 

On the inside, I stamped a birthday greeting from WMS Compact  Sentiments 1, stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black.

Inspiration for this card came from various challenges: the sketch is from Mojo Monday #268 and the colours are from The Play Date Café #158 "Rose, Eucalyptus and Slate" . For embellies I went to Stamptacular Sunday Challenge #190 and from the recipe options I've picked twine, gems and dies. the ladies at the Corrosive Challenge  #162 are playing "Flutterby"and for fun I'm playing "Anything Goes" with The Squirrel and The Fox # 31 and Paper Playtime #89.














That's all from me today. Thanks for dropping in and enjoy the rest of your Monday. See you soon!

Beijinhos!


13 comments:

  1. Asha - what a fabulous card - don`t you just love that stamp:-) Thanks for visiting me and leaving such a wonderful encouraging comment on the weekend. Have a fab week. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet card! Love that cute image, the stitching, the die cuts, pretty papers & fab embellies! Thank you for sharing this with us at Stamptacular Sunday Challenge. Hope to see you again next week! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute!! that image is sweet and you put it with perfect DPs and accents!! Your little friend will love it!
    It's cold here but not cold enough... I want snow!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the adorable image and goodness this id Asha in full detail mode, don't know how you have such patience, but the end result is so worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, Asha! Love the colors, this sweet little girl and the pretty butterflies! lovely work! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card, and all the layers are perfect! Thanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe this week, :).

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was an awesome card LO and your card is gorgeous! I love all them blings! Your coloring is awesome, girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, sweetie. I don't know about it being awesome but I agree, the colouring certainly has improved. Still long way to go. Need to keep on practising! Hugs.

      Delete
  8. Great use of both the sketch and the colors, Asha! Adorable card. Loving the butterflies and the bling. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely card!! The image, the sketch and the butterflies are so very pretty. Thank you so very much for playing with us at Paper Playtime!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It may be cold but your card has a lovely spring-like feel to it :) Lovely papers and the butterflies look great flying around that cute image!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty, pretty! Perfect for a birthday girl! Your coloring is fab! Glad you could join us for this week's Play Date Cafe Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous card! Your colours are fab, and those papers are yummy! I love how you've decorated the inside, too! Thanks for joining in at The Squirrel and the Fox

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...