Friday, 16 November 2012

Naughty or Nice?

I'd like to think I've been nice 'cause Santa brought my pressie as early this year. And here's what I got: a spot on the Polka Doodles design team! Yay! I'm so happy...deliriously so, I might add! And it gets better...Nikky Hall (Mrs Clause to me) sent loads of the most delightfully delicious delectables to play with. Like kid in a toy shop I did not know where to start! But I did and it's all taking place over at the Polka Doodle Challenge Blog.

This week's challenge is being hosted by  Fliss and she has requested "A round Element in a Square Card." I know! Think of the possibilities! This is such a fun challenge you have got to give it a whirl...even if you're a die-hard CASist.

Looking for inspiration? I've got one for you right here and when you're done, head on over to Polka Doodles Challenge #46 where the rest of my fellow international teamies will also be debuting their lovely creations. Better hurry, the fun ends at noon on 25 November.

But first, take a look at what I've come up with using papers, sentiments and digi from PickNix 2 - Gingerbread Twist CD. It is chock full of wonderful goodies - hours of fun, I tell ya!


I made a 5" square card and the round element is obvious...  (Noooo! Not our perfectly podgy Santa!)
The patterned papers are from the PickNix 2 CD - so pretty!
 

The greeting is also from the PickNix 2 CD. Extras include bling, twine and dies from my stash.  You really don't need to do much to with this card. 

This slightly rotund Santa is just one of many fun digis in the PickNix 2 CD. He is easy to colour. Don't you just love his slightly admonishing look  "I've got my list here and you'd better be good!"  (I can't help but notice he's got skinny legs!) 

Kept it simple on the side. Love that stitched gingham.

That's my first project for Polka Doodles. Want to see more? Take a trip to the PD Challenge blog and be amazed ... is all I can say. And if you haven't yet entered Challenge #45 "Christmas Party Invitation" there's still time... but hurry, Mr Linky closes at noon on Sunday, November 18.

Also linking up with the following challenges: Simply Create #10 "Anything Goes", Willow Sketchie Challenge "Fave Colouring Medium" - alcohol markers and Crafty Sentiments "Christmas".

Thank you for dropping in today and I'll catch up with you real soon. Have a jolly day and ...BE NICE!!!

Beijinhos!


Blogged to:

Chocolate croissant, coffee and 















15 comments:

  1. you'll never convince him, he knows you too well!
    This is a great sentiment and such a cute image. Congrats on the DT superstar fried! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card Asha - fabulous papers and cute Santa - skinny legs for sure :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is absolutely beautiful darlin. Welcome to your first Polka Doodles challenge!!!!. You have used one of my favourite paper's of all time as well. Isn't Santa just adorable too!!!!. So glad that you made the team. Big hugs Clare xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card Asha! Great use of that image and I love the way his list is coming out of the circle - gorgeous papers and twine too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card with fab colouring...thanks for joining Willow Sketchie!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card Asha, the layout really shows off the fun image.
    Anj
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I love your card... Super Amazing! Great JOB!.. is nice how you work with my sketch.
    Thanks for joining us at WSC this week. Good Luck!
    -Sony WSC-DT
    http://sonia-studio60.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card - I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup again this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/11/52-card-pickup-week-46.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is an adorable card...happy day!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Too cute! I love that Santa - he makes me think twice before answering "yes sir I've been good....I think!". LOL! Congrats on your first DT project with the Polkadoodles peeps - beautiful take on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card, thank you so much for sharing with Willow Sketchie Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love this. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really gorgeous card Asha. Love the design and the twine embellishing.
    So lovely to have you with us at Polka Doodles.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this so cool. Cant see my name on the nice list though lol
    Hugz Elaine xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Asha,
    I love this cute Christmas card! Sorry I've been MIA lately but it is always a treat to visit and see such amazing inspiration.
    Have a wonderful week,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...