Wednesday, 28 November 2012

Holiday Treats

Hello my friends. I'm just flying in, very quickly, to show you a box I made to house some festive cookies ... which I have not yet baked but I plan to...at some stage...this side of Christmas, I hope.  I'm kinda, sorta pleased with how it turned out and am toying with the idea of making a few more, maybe. As you can see everything is pretty much up in the air.... But, tell me what you think? Good idea? Should I proceed as planned or put my feet up and wait for Christmas?


It's a milk carton style box of decent size. Not one of those dainty little receptacles. This one measures 7.5" x 3-5" x 3" and can hold loads of goodies... even a small plush toy. The base of the box is made of grey CS. 

This front panel measures 5" x 3.5" and I've decorated it as  I would for any card front .  The burgundy CS was given the Swiss Dots treatment. I cut some cream CS using Spellbinders Labels 23 and stamped the "greeting" from WMS Say It Loud Winter Holidays using Memento Rhubarb Stalk.  To finish, I adhered some cream lace and cut out the grey ornament with the smallest Spellbinders 2010 Heirloom Ornament die and tied a little twine bow and gave it some shine. The sketch is from Tuesday Morning Sketches #174.

And here's the fun part. You can lift up the label to take a peek at the goodies inside!  How fun!




On the left we have a side view of the box and on the right is the view from behind. The entire box Swiss Dotty.


To get into the box, simply untie the sheer gray ribbon and  the "roof" straightens out.  

To avoid snagging and wear and tear, I used a gray eyelet to pass the ribbon through. And to further strengthen the edge, I folded down some cream CS along the top, gave it a lacey edge and stuck it all down with some Score Tape. 

The sketch for the box-front came from Tuesday Morning Sketches #174 and the colours are from CR84FN #68 "Burgundy, Gray, Cream". I'm also playing along with the good folks at Tuesday Alchemy #42 "Anything Goes".














That all from me today. Thanks for popping in for a peek. I'm of to get something sweet and creamy to get me into the mood for baking. Have a lovely Wednesday and I'll see y'all soon!

Beijinhos!



18 comments:

  1. Fabulous box Asha and what a wonderful gift idea. I think I could make some of these for around the tree as quick gifts. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Asha, this is beautiful! What a lovely way to package any Christmas gift or treat, and I love the peek-a-boo window! I think any recipient of this would adore it! Thanks for sharing your project at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I think it's a brilliant idea! The box is beautiful - love that label! I think you should show us what you end up putting in the box too! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is wonderful!! Great idea to use the sketch on a box!! Do you want my address so when it's full you can send it to me?? :)
    Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful idea and great size for goodies!! Thanks for joining us at CR84FN!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful gift idea! I would gush with joy if I receivers a pretty box like this filled with goodies! Thanks for playing with us CR84fN!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it's marvelous, Asha, and that at least half a dozen more should be made. I wouldn't mind in the least if one came to my house with fresh baked cookies in it. :-D Did you design the box template yourself or did you find one somewhere with instructions? I'd love to try one of these myself but I'd have to have a template and instructions.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful project! Such a fancy way to present a gift! Love the texture and ornament!
    Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. yes make some more they are adorable! Fab you can peek at the cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a cute gift box. I think you should definitely make some more!! I like the size of this box and all the cute details you added. very pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous and very well chosen colors...bright and cheerful...Thanks for sharing at Tuesday Alchemy Anything Goes

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous box, Asha! Beautifully done! Love it! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful treat box Asha!!! Love the colors and how clever to take the design from a sketch. ;) This is a great idea! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  14. Asha, this is simply beautiful!
    Thanks for joining us at CR84FN this week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Asha, this is gorgeous! I love the little milk carton and it's so stunning. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Asha, such a LOVELY treat box! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is just Fabulous Asha!! What a Wonderful way to present Christmas goodies!! Love the dotted texture and little peek flap too! So glad you could join us at CR84FN! 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. How fantastic! I love that it's big enough to put something substantial, like cookies, in it. Great job. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...