Friday, 23 November 2012

Goin' traditional

Its Friday...finally! Another cloudy cold day but, hey, that's life. All that matters is today is Friday and we're at the cusp of the weekend. I like that word - cusp. I've only ever heard astrologers use it and since I've got a star on my card, I too have earned the right to throw it in a sentence or two. Cusp - I've said it again! I'll leave you with my quick and simple card while I carry on playing with my word of the day...

I made this card in response to a friend who recently asked me if I am capable of making something simple.  Well I never!!!! Here's another CAS-my-way for ya!

To accomodate that gorgeous stamp by Chocolate Baroque, my card base is 6" x 3.5".  Nothing fancy here - it's as simple as can be. Sometimes low key is the way to go. No stitching, glitter, buttons, bells or whistles. Keeping it real!

To layer I used red and green CS. Ran the green CS through the BigShot with the Swiss Dots folder.  The greeting is from WMS Nutcracker Sweet, heat embossed in white.

I coloured the image with SN pens. Kept it simple, without any fancy-shmancy shading.  After some fussy cutting and foam tape,  I called it a day.

Linking up with Whimsy Stamps #53 "Traditional Colours", Delightful Sketches "Red & Green", Moving Along With The Times "Let's Go Dotty" and  Crimbo Crackers #29 "Anything Goes".

I'm going to scoot off and scoff down the last three Ferrerro Roche... To many have been eyeing them but those little darlings will be better off with in me.

Thanks for stoping by and have a great weekend!


25-Nov-2012 Update:
I made a couple more cards in the same style, but different colours. I've got it in my head that my German friends prefer strong no-nonsense colours....I may be wrong.  Here they are:




Beijinhos!


Blogged to: 
Ferrerro Roche and 

14 comments:

  1. A super duper CAS card Asha - love it. Have a fabulous weekend:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cusp-yes cool word. And great card but CAS my friend?? CAS or not it is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfectly CAS and very seasonal too - love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great Christmas card, Asha! Beautifully colored! Fab work! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was enjoying your beautiful card and you had to mention Ferrero Rocher! Now I'm craving them!!
    Your card is really beautiful and now I'm off to hunt some chocolate! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful design and fabulous coloring. Lovely card! Thanks for visiting and leaving the sweet luv.
    Hugs
    Berni
    berni46blogspot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful CAS card, Asha! Love the embossed background!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous card, love the colouring job as well as the embossed background! Thanks for playing with us at Whimsy Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous Asha! what a wonderful stamp and your colouring is beautiful… love the embossing on the sentiment! its a perfect CAS card!
    Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week!
    Hope you have a lovely weekend
    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great stamp, really beautiful and lovely size! Thank you for playing with us @ Delightful Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the pile of presents.
    Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week for our. Spotty challenge

    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely traditional Christmas card! Love it. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Digital Delights challenges.
    Denise
    DDD- challenges DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. The simple background is perfect for the fabulous image which doesn't appear simple at all. Great coloring. Thanks for sharing at Delightful Challenges.
    Hugs,
    Larelyn

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for joining in at Crimbo Crackers – hope you can join me again for the next challenge! Crimbo Crackers

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...