Friday, 9 November 2012

Gingerbread... and some news!

Hellooo my friends! It's Friday...can you believe it?! Where has the week gone, eh? I spent most of this week flitting about on Cloud 9 and I am just bursting to tell you why. This is huge... and beyond my wildest dreams: I'm in the Polka Doodles Design Team!!!! It's a great honour to work along side some very talented ladies and I am ever so grateful to Nikky Hall for this amazing opportunity.


Polka Doodles are renowned for their digital images... and they are totally adorable! Their CDs are chock full everything you'll ever need for card-making, scrap-booking and mixed media projects - with something for every style of crafting.  They also produce high quality rubber and clear stamps. Polka Doodles is a regular on Craft TV in the UK and there's also an on-line store for you to buy these delightful "doodles". And there's more.... a weekly challenge blog that features Polka Doodles goodies is sure to keep you inspired and very busy. So what are you waiting for? Head on over to Polka Doodles Challenge Blog and see what's up this week!



Back on earth...I want to show you  a card I made using the sketch from 52 Christmas Card Throwdown, inspired by ABC Christmas Challenge "V for Vibrant Colours" and a super cute digi from Polka Doodles Picknix 2 CD.






A "few" minutes later, you have this!

The patterned paper is by Papermania "Mistletoe  Kisses" 6x6 pad.

Here's a close-up of that darling image. Gingerbread cookies and a candy cane stuffed in a mitten makes for a grand Christmas. I coloured the image with Spectrum Noirs and layered it on Spellbinders Postage Stamp die-cut.

The teeny tiny greetings are from WMS Say It Loud Winter Holidays, stamped in Memento Rich Cocoa and some stencilling with TH's Antique Linen. For embellishments I've used some lace, a twine bow and 3 red blings.

For the inside, I printed a sentiment from the PickNix 2 CD and layered it on Spellbinders Mega Deckled Rectangle die-cut. I threw in that mitten from the Mistletoe Kisses elements sheet. 

That's all from me today.Thanks for stopping by and I'll see you again on Sunday with another project. Until then, my friends, stay warm and dry!

Beijinhos!


Blogged to:
Tia Maria and 

12 comments:

  1. A lovely Christmas card - I love your image - thanks for joining in this week at 52CCT - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely card and a wonderful sweet image! I love that you decorated inside too! Thanks so much for sharing your lovely card with us at 52 {C}CT! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the new DT :) A great card to kick off with too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Asha - teamy Karon here:-), what a fabulous post and I love that card. I was so busy yesterday taking a look through all the downloads and wanting to get a card ready for next weeks challenge, I didn't get time to do anything else. More play today hopefully:-) I love the card you have made its fabulous. Hugs, Karon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Asha, great card and have fun in your new DT post.
    Hugs
    Suzie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Asha!!! This is darling! Congrats on the team and it is incredibly well deserved! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that darling image, your coloring is so pretty! Thanks for joining us this week at 52CCT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card - I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup again this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/11/52-card-pickup-week-45.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay for you!! Congrats on the DT!!!
    This card is beautiful! That is such a sweet image and I love the inside sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whoo hooo! Congrats, sweetie! I love their digis! Wonderful card and superb coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  11. happy dance over here in London as we celebrate our super star friend! I haven't used my digis for ages so this will inspire me to get back to it. And what a sweet image and sentiment! That paper is just yummy, xmas candy comes to mind!sandie xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh this is a happy event for you. Congrats with your DT spot, that is always exiting. Love your christmas card with the vibrant DP and gingerbread image and lace. Thanks for playing at ABC Christmas Challenge and good luck. Hope to see you back wednesday for a new challenge. Bettina xx

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...