Friday, 30 November 2012

A Little Sugar in Your Christmas

PolkaDoodles Week #48 Sketch
Here we are, my friends, it's the last day of November - Feast of  St. Andrew and the birthday of our fur-baby André. He's 11years old today, which makes him 70-something in human years. And although he's still a puppy at heart, most of the time, there are days when he's definitely a cranky old man!


Anyway, back to the card, it's Week #48 over at Polka Doodles and our hostess Mel has an interesting sketch. I'm partial to sketch challenges because the card practically makes itself. Wonderful for when you need a card at short notice...and with Christmas just around the corner (eeeek!), a quick and easy fuss-free card is the way to go.






From the Polka Doodles/Studio 12 PickNix2 Gingerbread Twist CD I picked a couple of papers, a cute digi and whipped up this card in no time at all.








The papers are from the Gingerbread Twist CD and I like the blue-red combo. Not traditional but still very recognisable as Christmas.  

Isn't that dolly just the cutest thing! A delight to colour and I used alcohol markers , picking up the red and blues from the patterned papers. 

Then I fussy cut her and popped her up on some foam tape.  I was debating whether or not to  have a greeting  but decided to go for that poinsettia instead, courtesy of Marianne Creatables Poinsettia die. 

Here's a close-up of Poinsettia. Inspired by Dolly's spotty sleeve, I gave Poinsettia the Swiss Dots treatment. There were no complaints, so I went ahead and gave Poinsettia some sparkly highlights. Still objections, I threw in a blue brad to hold everything down in place.

 For the inside I picked one of many wonderful sentiments and greetings on the Gingerbread Twist CD.

Also linking my card up with Cute Card Thursday #245 "Snowflakes", Oo La La Creations #119 "Spots & Dots", Paper MakeUp's Digi Makeover #64 "Christmas" and The Paper Shelter #92 "Christmas is Coming".

I really had fun making this card and I hope you'll play along with us. For inspiration, drop in on the rest of the DT members and then share with us your take on the sketch. Remember,  there are cool prizes to be won. So hurry! Head on over to the Polka Doodles Challenge Blog and link-up your project.

Before I sign off, I want to leave you with a picture of the birthday boy and his dolly.
Happy Birthday, André! 11 today but you're still Mama's baby boy.

Thanks for stopping by. Have great weekend and I'll see you real soon!

Beijinhos!


Blogged to:
Black Forest cake and

12 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Asha - absolutely stunning. WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that image. Beautifully coloured. Love the papers and design, great poinsettia. Really cute birthday boy
    Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter 'Christmas is Coming' challenge this week and good luck
    Eileen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Andre.
    I love how the sock stocking matches the top of the image and the holly falling out of it BUT most of all this flower is just blooming!
    And we all need a bit of sugar my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice card! thanks for playing with OLL this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweetheart Andre' is, Asha. :-D I love what you did with this sketch. I just saw it this morning and I've already decisded to use it on one of my cards this week. Going to be a fun challenge this time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, what a pretty card, Asha! Love the sweet image and the gorgeous poinsettia! Fab work! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your fur baby is adorable and I love his dolly lol. Happy Belated Birthday Andre!
    Love the colored image and gingham ribbon together. Terrific Christmas card Asha! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is such a cute image!! Pretty card!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL Andre is a cutie! I love the poinsettia on your card and the way you jazzed it up. What's nice pop on the already cute card! I live the inside of the card too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super fantastic card. I love your take of the sketch. Thank you so much for sharing your card with us at Digi Makeover Challenge - I hope you'll join with us again next week.
    Hugs, Eret

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card and perfect for our theme, I really need this CD rom :) Thanks for sharing your card with Ooh La La Creations.
    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a stunning looking card. It's great! It's perfect for our "Christmas is coming!" challenge over at the Paper Shelter.
    Love n hugs
    Marie, team leader TPS

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...