Tuesday, 30 October 2012

Under the Christmas tree...

Hello there! I hope all our American friends are safe. From the comfort of our home we turned on the telly and watched with shock and horror at the devastation brought on by Sandy. Quite scary actually..and certainly put all my whinging about the rain into perspective!

I wasn't planning on posting anything today but a few challenges caught my eye... and I had the right card tucked away... Remember the Bendy Christmas Tree card? I made another centre step card at the time using an adorable stamp from Chocolate Baroque's "Gift Of Christmas" set. The card made me a little sad, so I put it away. But today is the day to bring it out.

The challenges for this card are Holy Jolly Christmas "O Christmas Tree", Joanna Sheen "Silhouettes",   Crafty Sentiments "Seeing Stars", Paper Pretties Monday Challenge #63 "Bling" and Christmas Card Challenge #48 "Pop It Up".

Here's take 2 of my centre step card:

The patterned paper is from Papermania's "Home for Christmas" 6x6 pad. 

For the central panel I ran some cream CS through my Big Shot with the Swiss Dots embossing folder. And for some shiny sparkle I put a little Diamond Stickles on the raised dots. 

This silhouette stamp is from Chocolate Baroque's "Gift of Christmas" set. I bought it from Joanna Sheen and I'm chuffed to be able to use it on her challenge blog.  I stamped it with Memento Tuxedo Black, coloured with SN markers and fussy cut it. That dog looks exactly like our oldest fella André and the cat is a spitting image of our dearly departed Xiara. So many Christmases I've caught them in this position but never had the presence of mind to take a picture. It sure brings back bitter sweet memories.  
I went totally mad with the red bling...it is Christmas after all! The golden star is resting on pop dots.  
Here's the inside. This sentiment is from WMS "Seasons of Love - Tags" set.

Thanks for stopping by. Back to work now...a gazillion things to get done. Tonight I have choir practice. We're preparing for a Christmas concert and I fear we have much work ahead of us!

Take care and stay warm y'all!

Beijinhos!


P.S. Swing by MIM #114 ... I dare say you'll be blown over by the goodies on display!


Blogged to
Portuguese egg tart, coffee and 


22 comments:

  1. Very nice Christmas tree. Great card pattern you have used to make your card. I will have to give it a try. Thank you for joining us at Holly Jolly this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the silhouette of the cat and the dog! I love the card - great design and really clever! Thank you for sharing it with us at the Joanna Sheen Challenge Blog. Hugs, Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great Christmas tree and a lovely card, thanks for sharing at Holly Jolly this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card!! I love the silhouette of the animals!! Step cards are fun, too, but I never seem to take the time to do them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. adorable card Asha, the dog and cat in front of the tree of so sweet and I love the sentiment inside the card-how true! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful centre step card Asha. Love the image and the colours you have used. The embossed background is a great extra. Thanks for sharing with us at Holly Jolly this week. Regards Meighan

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great card. I love all the folds. Thanks for joining us this week at Christmas Card Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Asha, This is magnificent! I love the dog and cat silhouettes and can truly understand the touch of sadness it brings to you, remembering a dearly departed pet. Love the way you designed this one. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a lovely Christmas card, love the cat and dog sat there in silhouette, thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, Asha! I can see why you had to put the card away for a while :(. I think Xiara would approve of you taking it out and showing us though. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Asha this is such a beautiful card darlin. I imagine it does make you feel sad with the cat and dog sitting by the Christmas tree. At least you are feeling like sharing it now. Wow that gorgeous Papermania paper set I received the 6x6 pad in the post this morning after seeing it on Ebay and drooling!!! my very favourite colours red and white, especially the polka dots. Hope that your sinus and headaches are easing up. I imagine you know about eucalyptus oil in a hot steaming bowl. Put a towel over your head to keep the steam in while you inhale the eucalyptus oil in. It's a good facial sauna too!!!. I know they say to sniff up warm salty water too. It's not the most comfortable but it does help too. Have you been to the doc's honey??? he may be able to give you a nose spray or maybe you need antibiotics?. Let me know how you are doing angel. Big big hugs from pommieland. Love Clare xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Saw you on MIM... Your card is gorgeous!!! Just a great card!! Hope you feel better!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello! Came by from Make It Monday after entering my creation...I must say, I love this scene! The silhouetted dog and cat in front of the tree is simply perfect! Love the fold as well!
    Be sure to come by my blog and enter my candy give away - I'm entry #4!
    Hugs,
    Karen C

    ReplyDelete
  14. Adorable card Asha. Saw this on MIM..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Asha. Your card is Beautiful. Visiting from MIM..Faye

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely
    Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments
    Love Jan
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous card, such a beautiful Christmas tree. Thank you for joining in the Crafty Sentiments challenge this time.
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi there. Saw your card on MIM and had to have a closer look as I love the dog and cat silhouettes. I would love it if you would come and visit me. I am entry number 51.

    Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ohhh, how darling... this is so pretty! Am coming via MIM... please visit me... I'm #50.

    ReplyDelete
  20. saw this on the MIM #14 challenge. this is just so cute.. love the way you created it..

    ReplyDelete
  21. hehe this is so my house! But the cat is usually in the tree :) B y the way, I floated over from Make It Monday :) P.S. I have Santa’s Candy on my blog !

    ReplyDelete
  22. A beautiful card, love the image and it sounds like it brings back great memories of your cat too. Thanks for sharing over at MIM this week.
    Remember, to be in the running to win the prize from our sponsor this week just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning!
    Hugs, Sandy

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...