Sunday, 14 October 2012

The Eclectics are here!

Hello my friends! I am giddy with excitement today!!! It's the very first challenge of a brand new weekly challenge blog called "Eclectic Ellapu" and I am on the design team! Yep, you read right - little ol' me playing along side the bigwigs, some of whom I have secretly admired from afar! I can scarcely believe it myself!!!  

Our Fairy Godmother is none other than the über-talented Elaine and she has bought together some truly awesome ladies whose creativity will inspire you. Over the past weeks I have witnessed their super-skills and continue to be amazed not only by their artistry but their willingness to help and eagerness share. I am honoured to be in their company and together we are called "Eclectic Ellapu".  

This is a weekly challenge blog and we have 2 teams of 10 designers. Talk about being spoilt for choice! There'll be something for everyone: from austere single layer CAS cards to outrageous steam-punk projects; from frilly shabby chic creations to vintage cards that will make your Nana sing; from cutesie scrapbook LOs to grunge metal trinkets your teenage son will covet; AND everything and anything in between!   

Spread the word, hop on over to Eclectic Ellapu and show us what you've got. We're all about sharing and inspiring, so please don't hide your light under the bushel

Speaking of light, here's my first offering for our very first Anything Goes challenge: a vintage style Christmas card. (Can you hear my Nana sing?!)

A 5" square card with a simple sketch. I've used papers from Dovecraft Back to Basics Vintage Christmas 8x8 pad. The stamp is from Chocolate Baroque's " The Gift of Christmas". 
The sentiment is also by Chocolate Baroque, stamped in Memento Rhubarb Stalk and cut with Spellbinders Resplendent Rectangles die. Then I sponged the edges with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.   
I stamped the image with Memento Tuxedo Black, coloured it with SN markers and fussy cut  it with my Cutter-bee.
To finish: some sheer green ribbon, a golden bling and foam tape for dimension.

Supplies:
Patterned paper: Dovecraft Back to Basics Christmas - Vintage
Ink: Memento-Tuxedo Black, Rhubarb Stalk ; Tim Holtz Distress Ink Vintage Photo
SN Markers: Bookshelf - EB5, EB8, GB5, GB7, GB8, GB10   Candle - EB1, EB2, CT1, CT2, CT4   Floral arrangement - DG2, DG3, DG4, JG3, JG5, JG8   Books - BT4, BT5, TB2, TB3, LV1, LV2, DR1, DR3, DR5   Baubles - CR8, CR10, CR11   Star - OR1, GB5   Mistletoe - JG4, JG6, IG1   

Now it's your turn. Make something - Anything Goes this week - and come join us at the creative playground of Eclectic Ellapu. 

I'm also showing my card over at CSAYL #32 "Anything Goes" and MIM #111.

Thanks for visiting me today and please drop in on the rest of the Eclectics to see what they've been up to. You will not be disappointed! Until next time, have a blessed Sunday!

Beijinhos!


Blogged to:
Lemon pudding and 
   


22 comments:

  1. Asha, This is brilliant! Incredible coloring and I love your paper choices. Great bow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Asha what a beautiful card. Your colouring is amazing. I am so soryy that I have not been around in a while but have not been so good. I am so upset that I missed your posts regarding your beautiful Xiara. I have made comments on the posts about her. I must admit I have had a little cry for her as I can only imagine the upset that you are feeling. I am, like you the biggest animal lover and they are our family. You have made a wonderful tribute to her and just know that I am thinking of you darlin. Big hugs Clare, Bert & Simone xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous image and colouring. The overall creation is fandabbydozy..love it. I am honoured and blessed that you are one of my ECLECTICS. You are every bit as talented as the rest of us so no hiding your light under the bushel either.
    Hugz Elaine xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card Asha, great colouring and brilliant design, I am honoured to be in such good company!

    Hugs

    Laurian

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Asha on your new DT position. WooHoo! You are very talented and I can't wait to check out the challenge. Your Christmas card is wonderful and its chock full of nostalgic images that you've colored beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this bright and cheerful Christmas card - amazing colouring, and a great kick off to the new challenge blog - congratulations on your DT slot!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Asha, Your colouring is Fabulous, love the design & all the detail... Simply Beautiful... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful project Asha! Wonderful coloring and great composition! Love it!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awe so sweet and cute, beautiful design and fabulous coloring. Gorgeous card! Thanks for visiting and leaving the sweet luv.
    Hugs
    Berni
    berni46blogspot.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The image on your card makes me think of a Dickensian Christmas and Scrooge. Gorgeous card, beautiful colours.

    Andria

    ReplyDelete
  11. Never too soon to do Christmas cards :) This is such a lovely vintage one, so festive and elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Whoo hooo! I'm so excited for you my friend! I love your coloring and your card. I might just join in on the first challenge. Congrats!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! I love this card hunnie...your colouring and design is beautiful..and congratulations on your new DT post, enjoy:)...
    Thank you also for sharing such a beautiful card with us this week at Make it Monday... going to pop over to the new challenge blog now..
    Hugs,
    Marjorie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on the DT. You deserve for many to see your fab crafting0truly inspiring. I love how the baubles hang from the bookcase and the ribbon is perfect. Great card for the first challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card Asha and congrats on DT post.
    You need to visit my blog and see post regarding my blog hop winner from Saturday, you might find something which interests you.
    Hugs
    Suzie xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay for you!! Congrats on your DT post!!!
    Beautiful card!! I love that image and your colouring is wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So pretty! What a FABulous Christmas scene.
    Thank you soooo much for joining us this week at CSAYL.
    Chrissyxx
    Congratulations on your DT post.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fantastic card and colours.. Visiting from MIM..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is just beautiful! Spotted this on MIM and had to stop by for a closer look!! Just Love it!!

    Many Blessings,
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  20. So pretty! You definitely nailed the vintage look! I will check out your new challenge and congrats on making the DT. Thanks for playing with CSAYL.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the image of books etc...drop in to say a hi from MIM

    ReplyDelete
  22. hello, your card is so sweet and cute, thanks to play with us at CSAYL, hope to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...