Thursday, 18 October 2012

O Bendy Christmas Tree...

It has been a rough couple of days... Why? Because it hasn't stopped raining since yesterday morning. Seriously... relentless rain is not good for the soul. The humidity....oh my, don't get me started on that. I craft in our conservatory which is glorious when its dry and sunny but when it rains... the humidity, the steamy windows, the bendy paper and my aching joints  make me want to run for the hills. It's probably chucking it down in the hills too, so why bother, eh?

I'm glad we had this talk, now I can show you my bendy card. On a humid day, the intelligent thing to do is to make a centre-step card. And if you're a genius like me, you'll make the side pillar really thin so that they can bend and bow in graceful splendour. My colours are from 52 Christmas Card Throwdown October Colour challenge and I tried to keep things simple...I really did...

The papers are from BoBunny's "Mistletoe" 6x6 pad.  The card measures  5-1/2" by 4-1/4".
Here's the side profile. You can see it bend and buckle  from this angle. Its not bad , but not ideal . Taking the picture was an ordeal and a half involving precarious balancing of lights, heat tool, hair-dryer and camera.  Arms, shoulders and head were called into action ... and now I have a crick in my neck...ouch!
I layered the patterned papers in brown and used DMC's gold metallic embroidery floss to stitch . The sentiment is from Waltzingmouse Stamps "Say It Loud - Winter" stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black. I attached 2 gold brads from Woodware's Christmas collection.
I embossed a piece of cream CS using Cuttlebug's Swiss Dots folder and rubbed Brilliance Galaxy Gold ink pad direct to paper for some colour on the raised dots. The tree is from Waltzingmouse Nutcracker Sweet set, stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black and paper pieced with 2 shades of green CS. The bark and pot are are pieced with 2 shades of brown CS. The star is pieced with cream CS and I applied some Gold Stickles on the star and little hearts in the tree. 

On the inside, I made some room for a personalised Christmas message.

I'm also taking this card to 4 Crafty Chicks Challenge #112 "Dry Embossing" and ABC Christmas Challenge "U - Up To You".

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you're feeling warm and toastie and stay dry!

Beijinhos!


Blogged to
Hot coffee, HobNobs and

16 comments:

  1. Love your bendy card, Love the design & fabulous detail... Great Christmas tree... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card. The tree is a perfect focal point and love the papers too. I really need to get brave and try this. Thanks for joining us at 52CCT this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Asha, this is just gorgeous! LOVE your fold and your image is wonderful! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow another unique card fold - you're on a roll! Beautiful and so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful Christmas card - love your tree. Thanks for joining in this week at 52CCT - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this unique Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marvelous job with the colors, Asha! Great step card. I've done a few of them but I tend to forget to use them. Glorious Christmas card. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh Asha, this hurts my brain, looking at all that detail. Too beyond clever my fried, you are the advert of detailed, clever and gorgeous creations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Asha, what a fabulous, festive centre step card - it showcases the tree perfectly! Lots of lovely detailing too! Thanks so much for sharing your card with us at 52 {C}CT! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Asha
    super Christmas card, love your layout.
    Have a super weekend
    Hugs
    Suzie xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, this is really neat! Love the way your card folds and stands. Thanks for joining us this week at 52CCT!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks so much for playing our dry embossing challenge. Great job!

    Leanne DT 4 Crafty Chicks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bendy or not, I love this card. It's been a while since I've tried this type of card. Thanks for reminding me.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cool layout and oh I love the embossing behind the tree. Thank you so much for sharing your inspiration with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous card!
    Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a wonderful creation. Love the pop up panel with the tree.
    Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge.
    Carissa :)

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...