Monday, 29 October 2012

Merry Mojo

It's Monday and what I enjoy most about the day is playing MojoMonday. I've got a strange addiction to this challenge. Probably because it's my very first blog challenge. But most likely because it offers a most welcome distraction to my Monday mayhem...any excuse to get crafty.

Of course copious amounts of caffeine is keeping my peppy today, but also I have decided, at last, to abandon my inner-shaman and seek proper medical counsel. After a weekend of antibiotics and some surprisingly delicious potions, I can breathe again. Sadly, today I smell rain! Urgh! When will it end, I ask ya?!

Ok, enough about the weather, let me sow you what I made. As expected, the sketch is from MojoModay #265... I'm unashamedly Square this week. The colours are from CR84FN#66  and design inspiration from 52 Christmas Card Throwdown Oct Embellishment Challenge #10 "Die-cuts / Punched Pieces".











And my card looks like this:

Just one piece of patterned paper from Papermania's Liquorice & Sherbert pad - wintery twigs in gray.
I made a window card and stamped the sentiment on the inside.
For the frames I used Nellie Snellen's Multi-Frame Dies "Square Stitching".
A nice big sheer cream bow completes the show. It's actually quite simple card... but I won't go so far as to call it CAS! (*nudge**wink*  Sandie)

Here's the sentiment that I stamped on the inside. Its from WMS "Seasons of Love - Tags" stamped in Memento "London Fog", which, looking out my window, should be renamed "Lisbon Fog". And oh, before I forget, 2 gray pearls  on the flourishes.

So there you have it - my simple non-traditional Christmas card. Thanks for dropping in. Have a great Monday, stay warm and dry and I'll see you soon!

Beijinhos!


Blogged to: 
Chocolate eclair (yes - I'm back in business!!!), coffee and 

15 comments:

  1. WOW - what a gorgeous creation, a beautiful simple design for a christmas card but looks so elegant :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh! Lovely!! So elegant and soft - beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is super! Love the layers and pretty bow. Very elegant! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Asha, this is AMAZING!!! LOVE the sentiment on the inside--fabulous card! :) Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful project fabulous coloring. Gorgeous card! Thanks for visiting and leaving the sweet luv.
    Hugs
    Berni
    berni46blogspot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! Love all the layers and your beautiful bow! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Merry Monday, I think you are turning CAS! This is simply merry and bright and the little yellow ribbon bow just sets the card off and the inside is so Christmassy, makes me wish the day was here!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simply lovely Asha! Love those pretty frames and that big chiffon bow!
    Thanks for joining us at Cr84FN this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love everything about this card! The colours, the bow, the sentiment, the stamping and the papers! Thanks for sharing it with us at 52 CCT

    Louisexx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very elegant! That bow sets the mood!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A truly lovely, elegant creation. Thanks for joining us this week at 52CCT!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh honey I should have read this post first!!! I am so glad that you have been to the doctors and so glad that you can smell again, even if it is rain lol!!!!. It's the same here. Thinking about investing in some wellies for the garden.
    Another gorgeous card. I do love those paper pierced dies, they are lovely. Love the colours too. Big hugs Clare xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card - I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/11/52-card-pickup-week-44.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Goodness this is soo Lovely and Elegant! I Am Loving all the layers and paper piercing too! So glad you could join us at CR84FN! 8-)

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...