Saturday, 27 October 2012

Jolly Holly Day

Hello again, my friends! Just popping in with a quick post to show you a card I made yesterday. I really didn't feel up to spending much time on the computer these past few days, what with my sinusitis and achy bones...my usual geriatric fun and games when the days get shorter and colder. Conan, the husband, added cranky and grouchy to my list of ailments before making a swift exit from my presence. Quite rightly so,  since I happened to be wielding a heavy-based saucepan at the time. A bear with a sore head...that's me....and I mean that literally... just the sore head, not the bear ... err..maybe a little bit of bear since I'm having a bad hair day. Oh bother!

Enough whinging, here's the card I made using Tuesday Morning Sketch #169. As you can see, this is not my usual style. I'm having another go at CAS, although I'm pretty sure my friend Sandie will say: "Tut! Tut!  It most definitely isn't CAS!" For the first time I'm using a kraft card-base and this was inspired by Polka Doodles #43 "Christmas Card & Add Kraft". The colours are from The Play Date Café #155 "Mint, Gold & Leather". 













The kraft card base measures 5-1/2 x 4-1/4. The patterned paper is from Basic to Basics Vintage Christmas. 
The entire central panel is sitting on foam tape. The sentiment is from WMS Say It Loud Winter Holiday, stamped in Brilliance Galaxy Gold ink and Memento Bamboo Leaves. Then I cut it out with Spellbinders Labels 4 and inked the edges with Tim Holtz's Vintage Photo.  
I also did some heat embossing with Sticky Fingers Metallic Gold EP.  The lace border is by HOTP  and  dotted circles  all over the card base is from WMS Nutcracker Sweet.
And to finish, some ribbon and 3 pale green blings.
On the inside, I stamped a sentiment from WMS Seasons of Love Tags in Memento Rich Cocoa.

Thank you so much for stopping by. I'm really sorry for not commenting more this week. It's just these headaches make computer work a tad uncomfortable. If you've got any home remedies to ease these wretched headaches caused by sinusitis, please please share!

I've got another blog post scheduled at midnight. (Thank goodness I finally figured out how to schedule posts!). This will be the 3rd Eclectic Ellapu Challenge and the 2nd for the Pink Team. I hope you'll check it out and show us your goodies. Until later, my friends....

Beijinhos!


Blogged to:
Mint tea, NO cakes and

10 comments:

  1. This is so pretty!! I would never think of brown for Christmas but this is awesome!!
    Sorry you're still feeling rough!!
    Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really lovely card, very well put together.
    Thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles.
    Anjie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SO pretty, and I love the non traditional colors. Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet card using our colors! Thanks for playing at The Play Date Cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't imagine you grouchy at all! The card is gorgeous, I love the vintage yet non-traditional Christmas card. Absolutely stunning. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, your friend over here in London thinks this is CAS perfection-I love it. The colours are yummy-were you thinking of cakes??? I love that ribbon and it reminded me I must use that adorable dotted ribbon you sent me x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the gold tone to this card! And the embossed bottom on the center panel adds a wonderful surprise - thanks for the closeup - really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous! Thanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another gorgeous card Asha. Thank you for coming to play along with us at Polka Doodles. Do hope that you enter for the international DT hun. I do love kraft on Christmas cards. Your stitching is just beautiful too. Hugs Clare xxxx

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...