Thursday, 25 October 2012

Ho! Ho! Ho!

What can I say? It's still raining and my cold is back, this time with drippy nose and a thumping headache. I haven't felt very crafty these past couple of days and worse still, I've gone off cakes! I'm definitely coming down with something...need to closely monitor the situation and get back into the "sweet of things". On that note, I made this card based on the colours of candy canes with a little santa and snow flakes thrown in for some festive effect.

The sketch is from WMSC #120 and the Santa theme is from Holly Jolly Christmas Challenge "Here Comes Santa Claus". Over at  DYSU #95 its all about "Wet or Dry Embossing", "Stitching" is on the menu at Delightful Challenges and the Crafty Ribbons #31 gang is doing "Christmas" . And my card looks like this:

I went for a 5x5 square card. That small bit of paper is a piece of scrap from a Christmas past...   
On the bottom half I stamped snowflakes with a stamp from WMS Compliments of the Season. I used VersaColor Silver and heat embossed with holographic silver EP. The HoHoHo is from WMS Nutcracker Sweet.
Santa's hat is cut with a die from Spellbinders Holiday Cheer S4-225. with some shinny stuff on the trim.  With some foam tape I layered the hat on Spellbinders Standard Circles LG  and Classic Scalloped Circles LG. 
On the inside, more words from the Nutcracker Sweet set...This card could only come from St Nick!

Supplies:
Spellbinder Dies: Holiday Cheer S4-225; Standard Circles S4-114;  Classic Scalloped Circles S4-124
Stamps: WMS Nutcracker Sweet; WMS Compliments of the Season
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; VersaColor Silver

That's my card for today. I'm going to have some Lemsip and slap on some Vicks...nothing like some good ol' fashioned meds! Then, I'm going to update my list for Santa to include a decent pair of Wellies.

Stay warm and dry, my friends. Thanks for for popping in and I'll resume my blog rounds later today.

Beijinhos!


20 comments:

  1. Love the silver stars! Wonderful card from St. Nick!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a brilliant interpretation of the sketch. Love it - so striking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Great stitched detail and I adore Santa's hat!

    Hope you're feeling better soon. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great sketch. Very nice card. Thank you for joining us at Holly Jolly this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card - just love that hat!! So cute :) Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is the cutest Santa's hat...so sparkly and it goes so nicely with all the candy colored paper and snowflakes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how jolly! love that shimmery Santa hat!

    ReplyDelete
  8. you must be feeling poorly if cakes are not being consumed. Pleased you got some inky time in. I thought the bottom half was paper, fab inking and lots of glitter, must get some out, you may be feeling poorly but still crafting adorabe creations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, this is fun! I love the Santa hat, too cute! Thanks for playing with us at WMS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable card with that Santa cap! Great sparkle and the stitching is so perfect. Love the papers you chose. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card. Love the design. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

    -Wenche

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh the Santa hat is too cute, love grey paired with the red.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your Christmas card. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ribbons.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an adorable Christmas card! I love the santa hat, but the inside is my favorite. Especially the From St. Nicholas stamping! So fun! Thanks for joining us this week at Waltzingmouse!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card and wonderful layout. Love the message from St. Nicolas inside the card! Thanks for shairng with us this week Asha at Holly Jolly. Regards Meighan

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is jsut fab Asha! Love that glittery Santa Hat!
    Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is fabulous.I loved that santa hat and the beautiful background.Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week.
    Hugs
    Archana

    ReplyDelete
  18. Elegant and cute - I normally wouldn't associate those two words to describe the same thing but this card just screams both! Love the glitter on the hat!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So striking and elegant in that red and white!
    A very beautiful creation hun.

    Thank you so much for joining our Christmas Challenge over at Crafty Ribbons.

    Hugs,
    Krafty Karen - DT.xx

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...