Sunday, 21 October 2012

Happy B'day, Sailor Boy

Ahoy there, fellow crafters! Just a quick post from me today. But before that, another weather update: it's raining....again! It's wet and cold and yucky and so very eeeky. (The last two adjectives describe how I feel ...) More rain is expected for the next four / quatro / quatre / vier days! I wonder if Noah felt this bummed out by the rain.

The cloudburst card I want to show you today is for a 1 year old boy.  I'm going with the flow and made a nautical themed creation. The sketch is from Tuesday Morning Sketches #168 and I gave it a full 180º turn. Then off to Color Throwdown #214 I went to pick the colours.

 










And this my card:

When I saw the colour palette I knew it had to be Crate Paper's Toy Box. It just screams "boy"  
Since this going by mail, I kept it nice and flat. No pop dots, tape  or high heels.  I used 2 Spellbinder dies on this card: Small Deckled Mega Rectangles to frame the ocean and  Postage Stamp custom dies to frame the image.
This cute little image is from WMS Half Pint Heroes set, stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black. Still practising with my Spectrum Noirs. I used a silver peel-off for the age, which I coloured in with a blue SN pen. Then I tied a yellow ribbon 'round the ol' oak tree.
I scallop cut strips of the blue paper for textural effect.  
And here's the inside.

Supplies:
Papers: "Toy Box" 6x6 pad by Crate Paper
Stamp: "Half Pint Heroes" by WaltzingMouse Stamps 
Memento Inks: Tuxedo Black;  Rich Cocoa;  Bamboo Leaves
SN pens: Submarine - IG1, IG2, IG4 ; Boy - FS2, FS3 ;  Seaweed - CG2, CG3, CG4 ; Water - BT1, BT2, BT3
Spellbinder dies: Small Deckled Mega Rectangles S5-014; Postage Stamp Custom Dies exclusive to Personal Impressions CP1-004  

I'm also hooking up with Annabelle Stamps #90 "A Kid's Card" ;  Chocolate, Coffee & Cards #24 "Stitching" ; Crafter's Companion October Challenge "Birthday" and Crafty Ribbons Challenge #30 "Children's Birthday" 

Thanks for swimming by. We're off to church now. Have a blessed Sunday, y'all and I'll catch you tomorrow! And before I forget....I hear that a bunch of super-talented ladies are showcasing some awesome projects over at Eclactic Ellapu. Why don't you go play along...much fun is guaranteed!

Beijinhos!

Blogged to:
Coffee, chocolate croissant and 







15 comments:

  1. Very cute card Asha! I love that little submarine stamp. You can send some rain to em if you like. We are exactly the opposite of you right now, hot and dry, and my skin is falling off! Can't win ;-).

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh love this little image from Claire .........the first time I used it I stamped it up side down :)
    Beautiful layering on your card and such pretty colours too. Thanks for sharing with us at AnnaBelle Stamps. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Asha, this is so cute..i love the Sailor boy in his sub! Thank you so much for using our sketch at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is too cute, I love it. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ribbons.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is sooo cute!! Perfect boy card!!
    Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute Asha! I love the stitching. Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    PS - There's still time to join the Pink Birthday party on TMS.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute...inside and out! Great job with the stitching. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a very cute card! Love the papers you chose and the image is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute card and a fun sketch! Love that you used the same patterned paper on the inside too. The papers do scream boy. Well done on the coloring too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. so cute and perfect for a one year old. Love that yellow ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. so cute...
    Thank you for sharing with us at Chocolate, Coffee & Cards Challenge.

    Hugs,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable! Perfect little boy's birthday card. Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a sweet card and just perfect for a young boy! So happy you were able to play along with us at Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sooooooo cute! LOVE the colours and Papers you used and your image is just adorable!
    Thanks for sharing with us at AnnaBelle Stamps!

    Take Care,
    Kylie X

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute card!

    Thanks for joining us at Chocolate, Coffee & Card Challenge.
    Hugs, Nelle

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...