Monday, 1 October 2012

A Pile of Pressies

Octoberfest!!!! Not so much beer and debauchery but it is a festive month in our fam. Someone's celebrating a birthday every other day in October: husband, sister, nieces, cousins, grandmother, god-mother and little Rosie, who will be 10 later this month (Ok, just so we're clear...little Rosie is my doggie and she's quite hefty!)  I should be making birthday cards, but nooooo. I've got Santa on my mind and he made me churn out another Christmas card. So here it is: a towering pile of pressies. Wouldn't it be fun waking up on Christmas morning to find Ye Ole Tannenbaum looking like this:


Would you believe me if I said this is how I see CAS?! Papers are by Papermania "Festive Frolic". I absolutely love the non-trad colours in the 6x6 pad. 
This stamp is from a set called "The Gift of Christmas" by Chocolate Baroque. There are 11 stamps in this set and I LOVE every one. This pile of presents is 5-1/8" tall and is a pleasure to colour.
The sentiment is also from that set. 
I coloured the image with Spectrum Noirs and Promarkers. The details on the images are simply astounding. 
I tied a big red bow, just as in the image. And I couldn't help adding some Stickles to make the gift sparkle. Its is Christmas, after all! 
Kept it simple on the inside. Sandie, is this CAS enough? :-)

Supplies:
Paper: Festive Frolic by Papermania
Stamp: The Gift of Christmas by Chocolate Baroque
Memento Ink: Tuxedo Black; Rich Cocoa
Colours: SN Pens - TB7, TB5, TB1, BT7, BT5, BT4, CT4, CT2, CT1, BP6, BP3, PL2, PP3, DG3, DG2, CG2, GB5, GB3, DR6, DR5, DR3, DR1  Promarkers - Buttercup, Pink Carnation, China Blue, Pear Green, Lipstick Red
Spellbinder Dies: Teardrop Circles S4-344; Standard Circles LG S4-114

The sketch for this card is from MojoMonday #261. I gave it a 90º turn and gave that banner a whole new look! I'm also entering the Christmas Cards All Year 'Round Oct Challenge: "Traditional Image with Non-Trad Colours" and a couple of stitch challenges: Robin's Fetish #127 and Gingerloft Challenge #49. Also, I just discovered a new challenge blog (new for me) focussing on alcohol pens: ScrapBitzCopics and challenge 53 is about Fun Bright Colours.

Thanks for stopping by. Have a pleasant Monday evening. I'm off to make dinner and later we're going for a movie + popcorn. We're pretending to be teenagers tonight!

Beijinhos!


Blogged to:
G& T and


7 comments:

  1. Such a nice card, thanks for joining us at Robyn's Fetish Challenge this week.

    Laurence DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the red bow mimicking the other red bows in the image! Well done, my friend! I need to finish up with my Mojo Monday soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to wake up any day to a pile of pressies like this. The colourung is amazing and I have to say the inside is CAS-wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! Love your coloring on those presents!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! This is beautiful, Asha!! That is a great image and your colouring is amazing! I love the sparkle you added, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful pile of colourful pressies Asha!

    I'll be stalking your blog for pictures of your yummy gingerbread creations too!!

    ;-)
    Sam.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card, lovely colours. Thanks for sharing with us at CCAYR this month.

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...