Wednesday, 10 October 2012

A different Christmas

Hello my friends! Just a short post to show you my card then I'm off to bed again. I have a wretched flu and tonsils feel like they're about to pop. Suffice to say I feel yucky. I made this card yesterday and did not get around to posting it. For inspiration I looked at The Shabby Tea Room #135 "Beautiful Romance" and Top Tip Tuesday #87 "Things with Wings". The sketch from Tuesday Morning Sketches #167  and it comes with an "E" twist and mine's "Ethereal lass Enchanted by a snowflake"...yep, I'm definitely not well. I'd better go lie down.

Tuesday Morning Sketches #167

The Shabby Tea Room #135














While I hide under the covers, I leave you with my card:

The patterned papers are from Papermania's "Winter Frolic" 6x6 pad.

NO pop-dots....this one's as flat as a pancake...almost, if not for the ribbon ... and white lace trim.

The image is  from a freebie stamp that came with a crafting magazine waaay back in 2010. I've been saving for today! I coloured quickly (and carelessly) with SN markers. 
I just had to fiddle with the inside.

I hope you're having a better day than I am. Perhaps tomorrow my sinuses will clear up and my tonsils will retreat and my appetite will come back....I feel like having some peanut brittle!  Thanks for stopping by and I'll see you again soon.

Beijinhos!


19 comments:

  1. Oh no! Sorry to hear you are sick!! Drink lots of fluids and get lots of rest!
    Your card is beautiful!! I love the lace edge!
    (When you get a little better, don't forget to post it over at the TMS blog!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card - lovely colours and design. So sorry to hear you're not feeling well - hope it goes away quickly :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely gorgeous and LOVE the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You amaze me Asha, you've got the flu yet you can crank out a pretty card like this one. I certainly hope you feel better soon and can enjoy that peanut brittle. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Magnificent, Asha! Love the sheer ribbon. Saying prayers that you'll get better quickly. Nothing worse than the flu.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your coloring and the lovely lace around the image is very refreshing! And you know how I love your stitching ;).

    Hope you feel better soon, sweetie :(.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Blech! on being sick - I'm just getting over whatever that was. I hope you are too!
    I love the sweet image - and the lace & stitching & fun ribbon are perfect accents :) Thanks so much for playing along with the Letter E & Tuesday Morning Sketches with us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hopefully you'll be feeling better very soon and in the meantime, I love your card. The lace work and the stitching really caught my eye. Your image so pretty with the wing leaving the base and perfect for our challenge. :)

    Thank you so much for playing along with us at Top Tip Tuesday!
    Remember you can enter up to 3 projects and 3 tips.
    Have a great one!
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is lovely...so soft and delicate! Thank you for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mmm, did you have some peanut brittle..that sounds yummy! Thanks for doing the "E" twist and sketch at Tuesday Morning Sketches, your card is beautiful..and a bit "edgy"..lace that is. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry you were feeling so bad. Hope you got that peanut brittle!!! Your card is lovely. The lace trim is just beautiful. So glad you joined us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow I don't have the patience to do such detailed work...very nice. Thanks for the comment too...It's GOOD to finally be happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. very pretty and hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your card is just beautiful. Love the lace and the colors are fabulous. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    p.s. hope you feel better too!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great Christmas card, love the image you used, and how you added lace around the edge. Thanks for joining the Things with Wings Challenge at Top Tip Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  16. hello from sunny spain, just love that ribbon and bow and the inside is so girly and sweet x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card Asha! If you've not already done so, please link this card to the virtual birthday party, too. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very Pretty card........the lace edging around the frame is a really nice touch. Hope you are feeling better soon:) Thanks for sharing with us at TSTR!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card Asha! Great use of the letter E. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...