Monday, 10 September 2012

Yuletide Blessings

Hello again, fellow crafters. Yep, I'm back with my second card for the day....this one's freshly baked! You know I never miss my Mojo Monday card and this week I'm paring it with colours from 52 Christmas Card Throwdown - Brown, Red & Cream. Not your usual Christmas colours, but if you look at it this way Chocolate, Cranberries and Eggnog it all makes perfect sense! Since I'm playing with the folks at ABC Christmas "R" I'm doing a spot of Recycling with some shimmery foamy material that  I ripped out of last year's Christmas gift packaging. (Secret's out: I'm a hoarder!). And finally, Come and Get It's Tic Tac Toe challenge caught my eye.













Here's my food-inspired Yuletide confection:

No patterned papers on this one. Just card-stock and that foamy stuff. I punched the bottom edge with Woodware's "Stars" punch.
That foamy stuff was quite rebellious - I had to stitch it down! I've used it before in one of my earlier card, but I don't remember it being this obnoxious to work with.
I added a dinky little snowflake charm and tied it to the card with some red and white twine.... just to make sure it's clear that this is a winter card.
The stamp is from WMS "Compliments of the Season", stamped with Versamark and heat embossed with white EP. For the die-cut I used Spellbinders Labels 20. Pearls and paper roses complete the embellishments. 
Very simple on the inside. I did broad borders because...
...I wanted the red to show through the punched border in front.

Thanks for stopping by. All this talk about chocolate and cranberries is making me ol' tum-tum groan. Off to make dinner now... I'm thinking grilled salmon. Have a lovely evening and see ya soon!

Beijinhos!


Blogged to:
G & T and

16 comments:

  1. Very festive! Love the colors and the textures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the effect that 'foamy stuff' creates, it was worth the effort I think. Love the polka dot thing you've got going on with the card and ribbon too. Fantastic entry to our challenge at 52 CCT - The colours are quite reminiscent of food aren't they?
    Thank you for joining in this week

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card!! I was unsure if I chould attempt a brown/red Christmas card when I first saw 52 CCT's challenge, but yours has inspired me!! (though I should be packing and cleaning not crafting!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is FABULOUS, Asha!! LOVE your use of the sketch and your large sentiment is amazing! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT--please come play at Technique Tuesday if you get the chance! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. love it thanks for joining us at come and get it challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful job combining all the challenges - your card is just terrific. So glad you joined us at 52CCT this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. no patterned paper......you o.k??
    I love these yummy colours and that little snowflake at the top is such a great idea-pinching that!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all the elements on this card - it's beautiful. Thanks for joining in this week at 52CCT - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the colour combo and the design. Geat card. Thank you for joining us at Come and Get it Challenges this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful card Asha, a great take on our colour combo challenge! Love the snowflake charm on the twine, a perfect addition!
    Thanks so much for joining us at 52 {C}CT! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable, love the snowflake charm and cute layout too! Thanks for joining us this week at 55CCT!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card and love your sewing and recycling too! Thanks for Playing along with us this time at ABC Christmas Challenge this time, Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  13. A gorgeously designed card and I love your idea of recycling!
    Thank you for joining us and good luck :)
    Kelly.x
    ABC Christmas DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Adorable card!! Great take on the Recycling challenge! Thanks for playing along with the ABC Christmas Challenge. We have another fun one this week...S is for Santa. We hope you will join in again!!
    ~Lacey
    www.stampandcreate.com
    ABC Christmas Challenge DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a wonderful card. So inspirational design. I am so inspired. Thanks for sharing. I like it.

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...