Thursday, 20 September 2012

You're HOW Old?!

That, my friends, is a question I've come to dread. It seems everyone around me is getting older. Most of my friends are in their 40s and 50s, yet I've managed to remain a sprightly 25. Yes, ma'am! Yesterday I had coffee with a good friend and we discussed mood swings and sweltering nights. Later that day, I met up with my sister-in-law and like a couple of normal 25-year olds, we talked about hot flushes and disrupted sleep.

Today I'm inexplicably shocked to find myself making a birthday card for a 45-year old. My contemporary who, over the years, has become softer, rounder, cuddlier and a little worn and thread"bear" in places... and yet he still rocks! And then, quite unexpectedly, I am caught asking the very question I dread: You're how old?!

For my card, I used the sketch is from Tuesday Morning Sketches #164 and paired it with colours from Colour Throwdown #210. I'm also linking this card up with these challenges: Perfect Sentiments Challenge #50: "Masculine Birthdays", Celebrate the Occasion #80 : "Twine & Button", Dude Time Doodles "September Inspiration"365Cards #203. What's On the Inside" and Teddy Bo Tuesday Challenge #41: "Anything Goes".














Here's the card I made to celebrate his milestone birthday.

I decided to make a tent card for a change. The papers are by Stampin' Up! 
And here's the cuddly rock-star teddy bear. He's called Teddy Bo, stamped with Memento ink and coloured with Spectrum Noirs. For a textured look I dotted and flicked the colours while blending.
For embellies I used some twine and a button - yeah, for once I'm keeping it simple! I heat embossed the WMS sentiment. For the age I used  peel-offs by Papermania.  
If you hadn't noticed by now, Teddy Bo is resting on pop dots.
And what's on the inside? A birthday greeting and a pair of warm slippers befitting a 45-year old!
Supplies:
Image Stamp: Teddy Bo & Co 
Greeting Stamp: Waltzing Mouse "Compact Sentiments Two"
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
SN Pens: Teddy Bo - GB10, GB9, BG8, EB2, EB1;  Sweater & Hat - DG4, DG2, CG2
Die: Spellbinders Classic Ovals LG  S4-110

That's my card for today. Thanks for dropping by and I'll see you again soon. I'm off to pluck out a few grey hairs which seem to have sprung out of nowhere in the course of writing this post. Oh the bane of being 25!

Beijinhos!


Blogged to:
Tia Maria and


35 comments:

  1. Super card for your friend, mmm... I am 25 too... I wish... LOL.
    Hugs
    Suzie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute it is this! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just adorable! Thanks for sharing this wonderful creation with us at Dude Time Doodles!
    Good Luck
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is adorable. Love the image and your coloring. SO glad you joined us for the Greetings/Sentiment challenge at Dude Time Doodles this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super Cute! Thanks for sharing at The Perfect Sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card! Thanks for joining us at Dude Time Doodles this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great card and such a cute image!! Thanks for joining us at The Perfect Sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't worry about age, it's only a state of mind! Fun card and fantastic coloring! Thanks for joining this week's challenge at Dude Time Doodles!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So adorable! Thanks for playing @ CTO!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful coloring, and I love your take on the sketch! Thanks so much for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very adorable bear image and I love how you colored him. Can't help but giggle at him. I love your stitching job, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun card--no matter what age! Thanks for playing the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Like the Teddy Bear & your coloring. Thanks for entering Perfect Sentiments Masculine Bday Ch.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    Perfect Sentiments Sept Guest Designer

    ReplyDelete
  14. Totally adorable, Asha! Fun post, too. In a few years, those hot flushes in the middle of the night will be gone and you'll be looking back, wondering when all that all stopped. And then you'll be saying, "Who's 60?" lol

    ReplyDelete
  15. How cute! I love the extra little stamp inside. Thanks so much for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh yes I am 25 too with grey hair!
    I like that stripy background and all that stitiching. And is Bo wearing boxers on is head!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Åhhh that is just so cute!! A lovely "anything goes" card!! =)

    Thanks for joining us at TeddyBo this time
    HUgs Maritha

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awh this is so cute! Love the Wow! Thank you for playing at Teddy Bo Challenges Woo x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fab card! Love the sentiment!

    Thanks for sharing with us at Celebrate the Occasion this week, Rachel xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card hunni. thanks for joining in the fun at Teddy Bo & Co.

    Good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  21. A great card, I like the image and the papers, Thanks for joining in with us at Dudetime Doodles this week, Good Luck.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great card - I hope you'll link up again at 52 Card Pickup this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/09/52-card-pickup-week-38.html

    ReplyDelete
  23. Soooooo cute,,, love the sentiment,,,and the funny bear.Thanks for your comment at Lisa S.blog, feel free to ask me your fav product from all my stuff for free e.mail me to nicecrane@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. very nice. TFS with us at CTO this week.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Just too cute! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm sure teddy bears are always welcome, every age and every occasion. Love the color combo on this card. Thank you for joining us at the Celebrate the Occasion challenge and hope to see you back again. Hugs
    Anna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is sooo fun! Love the image you used - kind of softens that number up if the person isn't too happy about it - LOL! Super colors and papers too. Thanks for joining us at Dude Time Doodles.

    ReplyDelete
  28. A super card. Great image and sentiment. Thanks for sharing with us at Dude Time Doodles and good luck.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is fantastic brilliant... pleased you are one of my Eclectics xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. You are too funny! Love your post, and especially your card! Your coloring on Teddy Bo is phenomenal!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Ha, I love the little thumbs up with the sentiment, such a great image and card! Thanks for joining us this week @ CTO for our "Birthday (must use twine/button)" Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Fabulous card!
    Darling little bear!
    Thanks for joining CTO this week!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wow, this is just so cute!
    Great use of the image and a wonderful design :)
    Thanks for joining us at Teddy Bo challenge this time and I hope to see you again!
    Hugs, Jill

    ReplyDelete
  34. What a cute bear! Thanks for joining us for The Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Such a cute card - love the colours thanks for sharing
    Hugs
    Debbie xx

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...