Monday, 3 September 2012

Xiara

Xiara  
July 1999 - 1 Sept 2012

Hello, dear friends. This is a post I have been dreading. Xiara, my dear sweet kitty, passed away on Saturday after a 27-month long courageous battle with cancer. It was time for her to go as the illness had progressed to a point where we were running out of treatment options. Although she was not in pain, I have no doubt that life was getting decidedly uncomfortable for her.  While we are both crushed by her loss, I am happy that she went, of her own will, in my arms, surrounded by unconditional love from both of us and her fellow furries.

My MojoMonday #257 card this week is dedicated to the memory of Xiara, a gentler more affectionate cat we know not. The colours are from The Ribbon Reel challenge #36 "Vintage Black, White and Pop of Pink". Also playing with pearls for Ribbon Girl Sept challenge.




I'm keeping it simple this time. The pink papers are from Papermania Parkstone 6x6 and the black is from Papermania Liquorice and Sherbert.
Some vintage white lace... 
... and pearls. The sentiment is from WMS Fancy Phrases set and I stamped Xiara with letters from WMS Victorian Alphabet set. Both with Memento Tuxedo Black.  
Sheer pink ribbon and a white flower complete the show.


I apologise for not being on my blog rounds. It was a tough weekend. I'll start visiting and commenting soon. In the meantime, thank you so much for taking the time to drop in on me today.

Beijinhos

Blogged to:





10 comments:

  1. Take all the time you need Asha, it is so hard to lose something we love so dear. I lost my own precious kitty three years ago and I think of her every day. Xiara was blessed to have such a loving family and no pet could ask for more. Your card is a beautiful tribute to her.
    Sending hugs and caring thoughts your way,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry for your loss. Pets are also part of our family and we grieve when they leave us. Your card is a wonderful tribute to Xiara. Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear about your cat :( Lovely card for Xiara!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry for the loss of your cat, what a beautiful name she had.
    A gorgeous card in tribute to her, thanks for joining us at The Ribbon reel this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Asha, I am so sorry to read about the loss of your beautiful friend Xiara.

    I am sending you a big hug. Please know that my thoughts are with you during this hard time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely picture of Xiara. And I do love that black and white paper-I think I remember you using that collection before and I commented how I like it then-time to look it up! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what a beautiful card for such a special memory. I'm so sorry to hear of your cat passing - its so hard to lose something so dear - I hope you feel better soon. Thanks so much for joining us at The Ribbon Reel this fortnight. X x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card , I'm so sorry about your kitty friend, hope the pain of your loss gets less sharp soon.
    Thabk you for joining us at the Ribbon real.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was just going through your blog and came across this post I totally relate to how you are feeling as we have just lost our beloved Jasper but at least we know they are no longer in any pain
    Jacki xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Asha I have been going through your blog as I haven't popped by in a while (haven't been well) and I have seen that you have lost your beautiful Xiara. I am so sorry darlin. It has made me cry as I can only imagine the heartache that you are feeling. What a beautiful girl she is and what a wonderful life you gave her Asha. Your furbaby is over in Rainbow Bridge now waiting for when you meet her again. She is no longer in any pain and is having a wonderful time amongst her friends. Please know that I am thinking of you and I am so sorry that it is late in coming. That is one beautiful picture of Xiara. Big hugs Clare xxx

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...