Wednesday, 26 September 2012

Purple St. Nick

It's still raining...but all's not lost. Some crafting goodies arrived in the mail and I've been busy playing with my new toys.

For today's card I used stamps from WMS Nutcracker Sweet set. It not only has some cute images but also Christmas greetings in German, Dutch, Swedish and French. And since I live in mainland Europe, Christmas felicitations between friends and family are mostly in anything but English...except for the cards, of course! So this year, I plan to surprise a few people with vernacular versions to grace their mantle pieces.

My first card in the "series" (which suggests I have a plan... hahah!) is this rather unconventional card for an unconventional friend. I'm using the sketch from Christmas Challenges #43. Since my friend's fave colour is purple I'm also linking my card to 365 Cards day 209: "Colour Me Purple"Crafty Bloggers Network #3: "Purple" and Creative Card Crew #20: "Purple". The sparkle and bling were inspired by Sparkles Christmas Challenge #20.




Here's my card:


Yes...it's purple, very very purple. But its what she likes! Just a small bit of patterned paper from  (... you won't believe this!) Fancy Pants Oct 31st 6x6 pad. Yes, I am aware it's a Halloween paper pad. I feeling rebellious! 3 blings and lashing of Diamond Stickles complete the festive feel.

St Nick and the sentiment in German are by WMS. (I really need to sort out my lighting. The colours are more vibrant than seen in the photos). 
I coloured St Nick with SN alcohol markers and popped him up on a die cut from Spellbinders Resplendent  Rectangles.  On his  gold  trim I squeezed some Diamond Stickles. I used Cuttlebug's D'Vine folder to emboss the swirly background, inspired by his curly swirly hair!
On the inside, I stamped swags and added some bling.
Supplies:
Paper: Fancy Pants 31st Oct 6x6 pad
Stamp: WMS Nutcracker Sweet
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
SN Pens: Robe - PL2, PL4, PL5, LV1, LV2, LV3 (from the Purples set), PP2, PP1; Gold Trim - GB5 & Sakura glitter pen; Face - FS2, FS3, PP1; Hair & Beard - IG1, IG2, IG4; Tree - DG3, DG4, JG4, JG6
Spellbinder die: Majestic Elements Resplendent Rectangles S5-147

That's all from me today. Thanks for dropping in for a peek. I'm off to sort out dinner. Have a great day and we'll catch up soon!

Beijinhos!


Blogged to:
Kit Kat and 

11 comments:

  1. Beautifully design and just simply fantastic. Thanks for your visit and sweet luv. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delightful card. The purple is gorgeous!!!!

    Thanks for joining us in our purple challenge at Creative Card Crew.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  3. yippee a purple Xmas card. I knew you had a rebel in you! Love the regal look and perfect image for the purple x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great card
    Thank you for joining in at Sparkles Christmas challenge this time
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab image and card! Thankyou for joining us this month at Crafty Bloggers Network.

    Geraldine M
    Crafty Bloggers Network DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm catching up... you colored this one too? WOW! I'm jealous now! This proves it wasn't just a one time thing!!! Love the purple - beautiful coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the different shades of purple - monochromatic is a struggle for me :(. I love the stitching too and the stitch marks on the mat directly behind the image - brilliant technique!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for joining us at Christmas Challenges {with sketches}. Your card is very pretty. But please read our rules before joining our challenges, it is not allowed to place the sketch on your blog. So, please remove the sketch from your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card. Thanks for joining us at CCWS this week. Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great shades of purple there! Thanks for playing at 365 Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really love your project, great work!

    Thanks for joining the Creative Card Crew this time!

    Good luck! Elisa (DT)

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...