Tuesday, 11 September 2012

Love ya, Lady Bug!

It's Tuesday and I am thrilled to be this fortnight's Guest Designer for Top Tip Tuesday!!! I'm giddy with excitement, so giddy that I'm making a gazillion typos. This post will be short because I really don't want to spend the whole night correcting my spelling!

The theme this week at TTT #85 is "Recycling" and I have used my old Spellbinder case for my project. I save these plastic cases to be used in projects where acetate is called for. Mind you, they are sturdier than ordinary acetate but Spellbinders make very light job of cutting it into shape. And that's how I made this window card with the plastic material as the window pane.

Here's my card:

I've used Summertime papers by Jenny Ellory, which matches the flowers in the digi.
Oop! A little reflection the in window pane.   The sentiment is from WMS Fancy Phrases.
Here's the inside. That adorable image is a digi by Bugaboo Stamps: Lady Bug-Butterfly.  Its just too cute!
Here's a close-up of the love-bugs. I coloured the digi with SN pens, layered and stitched it.
Can't help it - here's another look at them cuties.
My partner in crime: Spellbinders case.
Supplies:
Papers: Jenny Ellory "Summertime"
Dies: Spellbinders Classic Oval LG; Labels 18; Ribbon Banners S4-324
Stamps: WMS Fancy Phrases; WMS Half Pint Heroes
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black; Tim Holtz Distress Ink Peeled Paint
SN pens: LadyBug - DR7, DR5, DR4, True Black, BG10, BG8, EB2, FS3, PP1;  Butterfly - BT5, BT4, BT2;  Flowers - OR1, GB5, GB9, GB7;   Leaves - DG4, DG2, DG1;   Grass - DG2, CG2



Thanks for stopping by my blog and drop in on the Design Team. You'll be amazed by their ingenius (re)use of "junk".  Until next time, have a grand day!

Beijinhos!


Blogged to
Port, chocolate and 

7 comments:

  1. Hi asha
    What a super card, image is so cute and I love your layout and use of your junk
    Hugs
    Suzie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is so cute!! What a fun image and your DP goes perfectly with it! Great idea to have the window!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. fab idea-I have been saving these but had no idea why........so now I know!!
    Great colouring and all that stitching-too much patience!! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh and congrats on GD-SUPER STAR!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun card... so much involved with all the detail and hard work - brilliant x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally Fabulous card LOVE that you used a Spellbinders box and love your colouring Great to have you as our Guest this time! hugs Samantha and the TTT teamies xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh your card is so sweet and cute! Love the image and the window! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...