Monday, 24 September 2012

Lost in Translation

Hello there, dear friends! It's Monday... again. I'm here to share with you my Mojo offering and to let you in on a secret. It's not actually my secret, but I do have permission to blab.

A couple of weeks ago, "Jack" (not his real name) asked me to make a card for Jill (that is her real name!). He's wants to propose to her by the end of this month. They've been dating for ten and a half years and he feels the time is right to make it official. He asked if I could make him a feminine card to profess his undying love. The sentiment: "How are you". A very peculiar request, I thought. Apparently it's their own code for "I love you".  Not really knowing how to tackle the idiosyncrasies of youthful lovebirds, I did what I do best - procrastinate.  But alas, today I was cornered at the coffee machine with no card and no credible excuse. Worse still, I told him I'd give him the card tomorrow.

So, I phoned my husband for ideas (I was desperate!). He listened and out of the blue he said: "What's for dinner, dear?" For about 2 seconds I was speechless and then: "It's 10am and you're thinking of dinner? Seriously?!" And he said: "No... yes...It's my secret code. It means I can't wait to come home and be with you at the end of the day". Oh so romantic, I thought...until he said "And don't forget to get some beer".  Yes, folks, I don't call him Conan the Barbarian for nothing. A diamond in the rough.

As soon as I got home, I set about making the card. My tools: Mojo Monday Sketch #260, The Shabby Room #133 "White", Platypus Creek #16 "Pearls & Lace" and Shelly's Image "Shaped Card"










Here's my card for "Jack". I hope it fits the bill.


I went with the round option. The papers are from Papermania's Capsule Collection "Linen".
Plenty of bridal action: lace, pearls, hearts and flowers. I think its screaming L-O-V-E.
My WMS stamp says "Hey, How are you?" I hope the extra word won't be an issue!
The sentiment is on pop-dots.  I tied a bow with the lace, placed it on 2 felt flowers and fastened the lot down with a  cream brad.
I used Hearts , Circles and Fleur de Lis dies to cut out the layers. 
I stuck to my brief and there's no mention of "Love", even on the inside.
"Just Saying Hello, Will You Marry Me" 



Thanks for looking at my no-love romantic card. I'm off to get dinner started. No beer but we'll have some wine...if he behaves! LOL. Have a romantic evening y'all!

Beijinhos!


Blogged to:
Banana chocolate chip cupcake and 



17 comments:

  1. Wow, that was a difficult commission but you nailed it!! Love this non-romantic "love" card :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Asha, Jack is going to love this card and so will Jill. What a terrific friend you are! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute story behind the making of the card! Ahhh young love indeed! I love the sentiment and I think the extra word won't be an issue. How exciting for your officemate! Beautiful card, Asha! And I love your and your husband's code - that's too endearing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Asha, This one hits all the right notes! It's definitely romantic and feminine, and should do the job. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Asha, this is divine and so perfect for a proposal! Oh and there you go with your detail again-I so envy you. And your hubby knows how to get himself out of a sticky situation-my hubby needs lessons! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Asha! This card is perfect! I'm sure your friend will love it! Lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful story, WOW! What a card it meets all the requirements just perfect.. Lovely romantic card... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card love the hearts, lace bow and all the white...such is romance...oh and your hubby sounds like a real character...hope you spoilt him lol...luv anniexx

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a beautiful card and a lovely story. Thanks for your comments on my blog. I see that you lost Xiara only a few weeks ago. It is so sad, they are such a huge part of our lives. I am sure she was very special to you

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card and what a romantic story! I think you will seal the deal for this young man. Love all the beautiful details and the private message makes it so special! I have a Conan too - I call him Og the Caveman! He sounds like a keeper! Glad to hear someone so sweet as you has a good man too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a sweet story Asha and what a lovely, totally personalized card for the occasion!! Love all the feminine layers and hearts!! Thanks so much for joining us at The Shabby Tea Room!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is lovely Asha. Thanks for sharing with us at Platypus Creek Digitals.

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW Asha ... this is STUNNING! Thanks so much for joining our "SHOW US YOUR SHAPE" challenge at Shelly's Images! Please come back and join us again real soon!!
    Darlene
    Shelly's Images DT
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooooh...I love the beautiful shape and the heart circle on the front. The project is so frilly and beautiful! Thank you so much for joining our challenge at Shelly's Images. It has been such fun to visit your blog to see this amazing creation.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the card, and the awesome story....now will u share the happy ending...did she YES!!

    Carolyn
    Platypus DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love how you use this heart circle die, I am inspired! (I just got my HC dies this morning an am still 'playing' with them!)
    Thanks so much for the lovely fun comments on my blog...stalk me & my two "Purrito's" all you like! They feature fairly often on my blog:-)
    Sunshine, New Zealand
    ihearttostamp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. E' fantastica questa card!!!
    Mi ha fatto innamorare.... talmente perfetta, così curata.. piena di particolari, elegante!!!!


    bravissima asha

    :D

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...