Tuesday, 18 September 2012

Joyeux Noël

Good evening, fellow bloggers. Late evening here and it's nice and cool outside - finally! I have a quick and easy card to share with you, sort of a last minute inspiration. It looks nothing like the one I planned in my head, but not entirely a disaster either.... I think.

The sketch for my card is from RetroSketches #29 and for inspiration I turned to Cute Card Thursday #234: "Christmas in September", Christmas Stamping All Year Long: "Snowy", Christmas Cards All Year 'Round: "Christmas Presents" and 52 Christmas Card Throwdown: "Gifts of the Season".    












Here's what I've fashioned from all of the above:

The textured patterned papers are from KARS X-mas Collection 6x6 pad.
The white panel: I cut a series of circles, embossed with Crafts-Too "Daisies" folder and heat embossed with some 

Snowflake EP.
I know it doesn't look like it, but my plan was to have a stylised Christmas tree with windows. Looks more Snowman-ish, perhaps. Anyways, I've got a window for the sentiment and another for the tree-topper.

Here are the close-ups: I fussy-cut the tags from the paper collection to dress the windows.


Greeting from WMS Say It Loud Winter and Memento Rhubarb Stalk. You can just about see the pressies! I used Spellbinders Circle dies to cut out the frame.
More elements from the paper collection: another pile of pressies and bells right on top. As before, I cut out the frames with Spellbinder dies.

Open the card and you see gaping big holes on one side. I believe it's what happens when you make windows! 
At the bottom is the sentiment and my truck sleigh load of pressies and ...
... through the top window you see bells, bringing the gift of music!
In case you got distracted, here is the card...again!

Supplies:
Paper: KARS X-mas Collection 6x6 pad
Dies: Spellbinders Standard Circles LG  S4-114; Standard Circles SM  S4-116; Eyelet Circles S4-304
Stamp: WaltzingMouse Winter Say It Loud
Ink: Memento Rhubarb Stalk; Versamark

I think I've got enough embossing action on the card to link it with Going Grey Scrap Creations "Embossing" challenge and Shopping Our Stash #69: "Emboss It". Also check out MIM #110 for more gorgeous stuff.

The pix are kinda blurry, not sure why. Could it be my (lack of) editing skills? Naaaa! Could it be I need a new camera for Christmas? Yesssss!

I'll think about doing a re-shoot tomorrow. In the meantime, feel free to strain your eyes and wrench your neck all for the sake of art! And for your effort you have my heartfelt gratitude. :-) See you soon!

Beijinhos!

p.s I've updated some of the photos. Any better?


Blogged to:
Tia Maria and



25 comments:

  1. OMG that's such a clever design! Your card looks amazing - and making 2 of the circles window style was so cool! Girl, you never disappoint! I'm gonna have to go check out those sites for inspiration - I need all the help I can get :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that white panel looks great but not sure I understand how you did it-I don't have the heat embossing but is there a way to do it without that. And such a clever design my friend-you are forever amazing me........how long did this take you-it would have taken me days! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic creation, wow, love the whole design. Isn't the heat embossing tool great, I don't use mine enough but do love your results..luv annienxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello Asha, you did a sweet card, so nice, thanks to play with us at CSAYL, biz

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely - very cleverly designed. Thanks for playing along this week at 52CCT - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. ASHA!!! This is fabulous! LOVE the punched out circles that show what is on the inside--genius!!! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the circle windows on your card! Thanks so much for joining us this week at 52CCT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the concept behind this card Asha and I think you executed it very well. The dp is gorgeous and love the embossed background too! TFS, hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautifully done, Asha! Love the embossed white CS. Excellent cutting of the window circles. I always have trouble getting things like that perfectly lined up. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a fun and ♥FAB♥ holiday card design, not to mention a great take on the sketch and a WONDERFUL use of embossing! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR STASH with us this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card Asha, I always love circle window card! Thanks for playing along with us at 52 {C}CT again! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  12. So creative and I really like it! The layout with the three circles and the frames around them are wonderful! Thank you for playing along this week at 52CCT!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card. Thanks for sharing with us at CCAYR this month.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a pretty card. Thanks for joing us at Going Grey with Scrap-Creations.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great take on the sketch! Thanks for playing with us at CCAYR!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning card....so cute design. I have worked for the Print VIP cards and this design inspire me so much. I would like to try once to design like this, if you don't mind. I appreciate this.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Now this is clever! Love the windows, and reading your post just made me smile :) Thanks so much for playing along with the embossing challenge at Shopping our Stash (and sorry for my belated comment!)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful card Asha - love teh concept of the peek-a-boo windows and the colouring is pretty too. Saw it on MIM.
    Stamping Shanni

    ReplyDelete
  19. I spotted your card on the Make it Monday linky party and popped over to take a better look.
    A lovely unusual card with lots of texture. I love the cut out die shapes and the inside of your card is so pretty too.

    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous card and colors. Spotted this on MIM. Loz

    ReplyDelete
  21. what a fab card .love the apertures and the design is gorgeous,thanks for joining us at MIM AND GOOD LUCK
    TRACEY X

    ReplyDelete
  22. You done o perfectly beautiful Christmas card. I love pattern paper and embossed white background, the green also gives some extra touch to the card.

    It's a great idea to use some scraps too.

    I saw you at MIM. Mine project is under 148.

    Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Super fabulous Christmas card! thank you so much for sharing your wonderful inspiration over at MIM. You have made my day and inspired me.

    Tamie
    #187

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such a wonderful card! I saw it on MIM and knew I had to have a closer look! (I am #62)
    Hugs,
    Georgia

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...