Thursday, 6 September 2012

Hello + Post-It holder toot

Hello, fellow crafters. I've got a dinky little project for you today. When I say dinky, I really mean dinky - it measures a dinky 3.25" x 3.5". S'that dinky enough for ya?! With the sketch from WMSC #113 and colours from ColourQ #153 I made a little gift for a friend who has been a great help these past few days. She has a "thing" for post-it notes. She sticks them everywhere and anywhere. Today it was on the windscreen of her car with a reminder to pay a parking fine. And after witnessing how she parked her car again, I decided to replenish her stock with my gift!














I'm taking my gift to the "Anything Goes" challenges at Papertake Weekly and Tuesday Alchemy #30. Also, "Anything But A Card" over at Bearly Mine Challenge #51.

The papers are by Pink Paislee. I've included a little pale blue pencil, purchased in a pack of 5 from  Staples. 
For added interest I carefully cut around the leaf and postage stamp and
adhered over the lacey border of the blue CS. For this border I used X-Cut  punch.
The sentiment is from WMS Fancy Phrases set, stamped with Brilliance ink and
layered with a couple of Spellbinder dies.
On the inside, I continued with the Pink Paislee paper. 
I also decorated the behind to properly finish the project.
The brown ribbon wraps all the the way 'round.
Supplies:
Paper: Pink Paislee "Spring Jubilee"
Stamp: WMS "Fancy Phrases"
Ink: Brilliance "Pearlescent Chocolate"; Tim Holtz Distress Ink "Vintage Photo"
Spellbinder Dies: Classic Ovals LG   S4-110;  Labels 20  S5-026


Here's the pictutorial on how to construct the base. There are numerous video tutorials out there on YouTube with ideas on how to dress it up.

You start with a piece of CS measuring 7-3/8" x 3-1/4".
On the long side, score as shown above at 3-1/8", 3-1/2" and 3-7/8" ... 
and crease.
Fold at 3-1/2" and mark 1" in from top edge and bottom edge.
Then cut in from the fold to the crease line, as shown above.
Now push in at the fold at the top and ... 
... at the bottom. This will leave you with a valley above and below the cut lines. 
Flip over and face the inside. Apply adhesive on the right halves of the 2 panels that you
pushed in - something strong such as RedLiner tape, Sticky Strip, Scotch Quick Dry or
ScoreTape, which is what I used. 
Press down and you will have a channel for your pen or pencil. And now you can start decorating.
I hope I've explained it clearly. If you have any questions, drop me a line. You could easily churn out a few of these in no time and they make great little gifts for any occasion. Thanks for stopping by and I'll see you again soon. And don't forget to check out MIM #106 - load there to delight you!

Beijinhos!


Blogged to:
Earl Grey and 

27 comments:

  1. This is so pretty!! And so practical!
    Your directions are great! I think I will have to try to make some!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhhh this us sooooo gorgeous! I love the colors and your stitching is always beyond awesome! Thanks for the tut!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet and adorable card! Love the colors! Thanks for joining us over at Tuesday Alchemy Challenge this week! Good Luck! Hugs and sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  4. cool gift and the little pen holder is a great idea. Love the way you added the stamp and thanks for the lesson!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great little tutorial for your adorable project! TFS! And thanks for playing with us at the CQC this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous little note holder AND we get the instructions too! I love the paisley paper you've used too.
    Juliax

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an awesome design, Asha! Thanks so much for sharing the photo tutorial. The papers are so gorgeous with the sweet label and the delicious chocolatey ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had to chuckle at your remark about your friend's parking :) Such a lovely gift, I bet she will be thrilled! Thanks for joining us for the Waltzingmouse sketch this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely gift for your friend - your post really made me smile too!! Great combination of challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is SO cute! love your little paper pad - lovely papers and design!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful, Asha! Thanks for the great tutorial! Love the stitching with the pretty border!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Asha gorgeous card, fabulous tutorial and such a fun gift. How is Xiara doing?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much for joining us this week at the colourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How clever! Love the tutorial - I will have to try this - your design is just breathtaking... love the papers!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! A lovely card AND a tutorial! Win. Win. Your papers are lovely and the stitching is a wonderful detail. I just love me some stitches! Thanks for playing along this week at Waltzingmouse!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous card-hope you link up at 52 card pickup again this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/09/52-card-pickup-week-36.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely card and great tutorial, love the stitching and fab papers!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello Asha
    Great tutorial, will have to give it a try, thank you for sharing it.
    Just dropped over from Eclectic Ellapu - and became your newest follower.
    Hugs
    Suzie xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is fab! Thanks for sharing with us at Bearly Mine! Laura x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous project and tutorial!! well done!! Thanks for joining us at BMC
    hugs
    laney

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is both pretty and practical! Thank you for joining us at Papertake Weekly :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is such a cute gift idea! I love making them too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your card and colouring is so Beautiful..Popping by from MIM for a Visit..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hello. Your card is Sooo Beautiful. I saw this on MIM..Faye

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow Asha, love your dinky ;-) project and your fab tutorial! You've done an outstanding job sharing this project with us at MIM! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  26. I saw your beautiful creation on Make It Monday and had to visit and take a closer look. Gorgeous! TFS!
    My entries are: #23, #109, and #213.
    I would love to have you visit my blogs: Paper and Scraps Creations by Julia and Me and Myself on the Dark…
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is so beautifully designed. Loving your creative style. Wishing you a fab Thursday.
    PS: Hope you will play along with our BLOG HOP over at DigiStamps4Joy.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}
    {Digistamps4Joy DT Member}

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...