Thursday, 27 September 2012

God Jul - tag

Hello fellow crafters! Just popping in for a quick show and tell. I made a tag last night while watching old episodes of Petticoat Junction....Yes, I even remember it in black and white! Who doesn't? (Please don't answer that!)

Anyways, on to the 2nd project in my so-called series of European Christmas. Here's  simple vintage inspired gift tag with a Swedish / Norwegian greeting. This one's for Holly Jolly's "Oh Christmas Tag" challenge, Fashionista's "Anything Goes Christmas" challenge and Crazy Amigos' "Not a Card" challenge.


The tag measures 4-3/4" x 2-1/2".  No patterned papers.
The greeting and image are by WMS coloured in with Spectrum Noir pens.  
I used Spellbinders dies to cut out the image and inked it with Vintage Photo. Then I layered it on green CS which I embossed with the swiss dots  folder.  
Ad the back: there he is again this time stamped in Rhubarb Stalk.
Supplies:
Stamp: WMS Nutcracker Sweet
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Memento Rhubarb Stalk, Tim Holtz Vintage Photo Distress Ink
SN pens: Face & Hands - FS2, FS3, TN2, PP1; Suit - JG3, JG5, C8, C10, GB5; Boots - IG10, IG8 


You can easily churn out several of these vintage tags while watching The Waltons or Green Acres. Thanks for stopping by and I'll see you soon with another project.

Beijinhos!


Blogged to:
M&Ms and
  

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful design, fabulous image. Love this image, perfect for the holidays. Thanks for your visit and leaving the sweet luv. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's marvelous, Asha! My daughter has a real thing for nutcracker soldiers and you've inspired me to dig out one of my old stamps and make tags for her family for Christmas this year. TFS :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great little tag. I love the image. Thank you for joining in the tag challenge at Holly Jolly this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. never heard of that show, I must be too young!!
    That colouring is outstanding, that has to make up for no patterened paper. And love the way you haven't coloured in on the back-cool idea my European friend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never heard of Petticoat Junction?! Andy Griffith Show? Gomer Pyle? Think about it while I go dye my hair! :-D

      Delete
  5. Love that Nutcracker - I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup again this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/09/52-card-pickup-week-39.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Asha - I know how hard this one is to color and you did it lady! Looks fantastic - you must have a steady hand and excellent vision! Beautiful... and yes.. I know Petticoat Junction - I can picture the water tank and hear the train whistle!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow that looks really nice! Must have taken s while to color in the tiny little details! Well done girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - fantastic tag with so much wonderful detail. Love the colours that you have used. Thanks for joining us at Holly Jolly this week. Regards Meighan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great tag, Asha! Beautifully colored! Have a nice weekend! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. A great tag, I love the image on the back of it as well. Thanks for joining us this week at Holly Jolly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great nut cracker! Love how you did him inside too!
    Thanks so much for joining with the Fashionistas this week... if you have not completed the blog hop, every one who enters and completes the hop is elidgable for each DT members blog prize AND the LOTV sponsor prize!! And then there is also a VOTING prize when the voting part of the challenge comes along... LOTS TO WIN!!!
    Rina

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...