Friday, 31 August 2012

Thank You Kindly

Hello my friends. Friday at last and I have an early morning post for you. Before I dash off, there's just enough time to show you a thank you card I made last night. It's for a very special person - my kitty's  vet. Xiara has cancer and as expected things are somewhat complicated for her. We are doing everything we can to make her comfortable but the care and attention given to Xiara by the vet is beyond the call of duty and I am ... no, we are grateful. Despite the not-so-pleasant-happenings, we are very blessed to have really good people - angels - in our lives. My mum never tires of saying: be kind and be thankful. And I think I found the perfect sentiment for my card!

The sketch is from Waltzing Mouse SC #112 and the colours are from the Play Date Café #147. Inspiration also came from Paper Play Challenges #35 "Thank You" and Cute Card Thursday #232 "A Stitch in Time".














Here's my card:

I made a doughnut card. You may know it as a window card. But for me anything with a whole in the middle is a doughnut. Food nourishes the brain and helps me remember.


And before I forget, it's also a tent card. Flying by the seat of my pants today! I'm using papers by Basic Grey "Indian Summer". Love the rich sumptuous colours in that collection.


The stamp is from WMS Fancy Phrases set. I cut the sentiment and the  frame using Spellbinders Oval dies. On the frame I stamped ramdom little flourishes using a stamp from the same WMS set and Memento ink.


To soften the card I added some pine green sheer ribbon.  And because I don't know when to stop, I went ahead and added a couple of leaves and a rose, slightly hanging over the window.  I also stamped an extra sentiment from the Say It Loud set and heat embossed it in white on pine CS. Mounted it on my beloved pop dots.


Here's the inside. I also inked the edges of the oval and placed 3 grey pearls.  I'll stop now.


Supplies:
Papers: Basic Grey "Indian Summer" 6x6 
Stamps: WMS "Fancy Phrases" and "Say It Loud"
Inks: Memento "Rhubarb Stalk" and "Bamboo Leaves"; Versamark; Stampendous White Opaque Embossing Powder; Tim Holtz Distressed Ink "Peeled Paint"
Dies: Spellbinders Classic Oval LG  S4-110; Labels 18  S4-310 



That's all from me today. Thanks for dropping in and I'll see you again soon. In the meantime, have a fabulously fantastic Friday.

Beijinhos


Blogged to: 
Warm croissant, Nutella, coffee and













16 comments:

  1. Oh, I am sorry about your cat, Asha :( This is such a beautiful card. Your vet will so appreciate that you took the time to make it. Such pretty elegant papers, and I love the oval window framed with the flower and bow. The sentiment combination is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super gorgeous. Love the background paper. Thanks for playing this week at The Play Date Cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is beautiful inside and out!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely job with the gorgeous colours and the double sentiment, looks great! Thanks for playing along with us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is beautiful Asha! Have a nice week-end!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG I've missed coming over here - your cards are always an inspiration! The amount of details is stunning as always! I love love love to see stitching on cards and as much as I plan to do so in my own cards I forget :( almost always! This card is so beautiful. Big hugs to your cat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful donut card! Your vet will love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful combination of patterned papers. The colors are just wonderful! Thanks for joining us this week at WMSC! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so neat! Love the rich colors and then to find it's got a window too?! Awesome! This is so special and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. such a pretty card!

    Many thanks for joining in the
    ♥Cute Card Thursday Challenge♥
    this week! Have a great weekend ♥Debxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty, sweet and feminine. I love your green bow with the little roses, a wonderful touch.

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG girl, I haven't been to "visit" you in a while! I love the stitching on this one and the colors are so awesome! Big hugs to your kitty :(.

    I just realize you now have a follow by email option - now I can stalk you - I meant visit your blog more often LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  13. love to Xiara and how great you have such a great vet. I am loving that green ribbon and super jealous at how good you are at bows-I am having real problems with ribbons at the mo'-they are not my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty card, love the 'doughnut' lol!

    xoxo, Kristen
    Visiting from PDCC#147
    Stop by and say hello!
    www.pearlgateway.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card! Love how you used the colors! Thanks for playing this week at The Play Date Cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the window card! So beautiful! Thanks for playing along with us at the PDCC.

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...