Wednesday, 22 August 2012

Ooodles of love

Happy Wednesday, my crafty cronies. We're half way through the week...only a couple more days. So hang in there, the weekend is drawing nigh.

Someone very very dear to us started chemo yesterday and we're planning on stopping by her place later this evening to give her a hug. What she'd really like is a bottle of wine, but I suspect her doctor will be none too pleased if we did that. So, I'm taking the next best thing - chocolate! To house this Swiss sensation, I made a "fat" card (or "phat card" 'cause I'm hip and trendy that way!). It looks like a card from the outside, but has a pouch on the inside for goodies. For this project, I'm pairing the sketch from Waltzing Mouse #111 and with colours from CR8FN #61.











I apologise for the number of pics... but I just couldn't decide which ones to leave out... so I threw the whole lot it. Anyway, it will give you an idea of how I made my phat card ... (that's my excuse!)

For my background, I stamped that damask-ish pattern using a stamp from the Seasons of Love set on some textured layering CS from the Bohemian collection.
The card measures 7" x 3.25" and ...
... is half an inch thick.
The sentiment is from WMS Compact Semtiments 2 with Memento Tuxedo Black. For the label I used WMS Very Vintage Labels 18 and VersaMagic Chalk Ink. All of the action took place on cream CS.
Here's a close up of the stamped background. For embellishments I  used  cream  lace and pearls.

Here's a quick peak of the inside. I layered it for a more finished look.
The card is actually quite sturdy and securely holds the candy bar.
I layered the back as well ... didn't like it undone.
  
Supplies:
Dies: Spellbinders Labels 18  S4-310
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Memento Bahama Blue, VersaMagic Chalk Ink Gingerbread
Stamps: WMS "Seasons of Love", Compact Sentiments 2" and "Very Vintage Labels 18"


That's offering for today. Thanks for stopping by and spending time with me. I'll see you at my next post. Have a sun-shiny Wednesday!

Beijinhos


Blogged to:
Banana cake, coffee and
Released yesterday... Love it!

11 comments:

  1. This is so neat - I love your background stamping (that close up) and the pretty colors you used.... and then to top that you go and make it able to hold a candy bar? How sweet is that? I'd never open it just to keep it perfect and beautiful forever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous project Asha! Love the pretty WM label and sentiment! Thanks so much for joining along with CR84FN and the WMSC :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great treat for your friend!!
    Beautiful card and that chocolate looks amaaaaazing!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy Thursday now, so I am sure you're friend loved the card and I hope she is doing o.k.
    I thought that was patterned paper, so cool the way you stamped over it, super creative, have a good day x

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG that is so cool and sure to lift your friends spirits. They say the only thing better than a visit from a friend is a visit from a friend bearing chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great little folder container! love the colors and fun sentiment for your friend - I'm sure she will appreciate the visit, the hug and the gift!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fab design. You've decorated it beautifully, with lace and pearls. The sentiment is sweet and a great focal point.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card, I love the inside, such a clever idea! Thanks for joining us at CR84FN this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so pretty and clever! What a great idea for a gift. Thanks for joining us for a WMS sketch this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how the background stamping turned out. If I didn't know any better I would have thought this was patterned paper. It's THAT pretty! Thanks for joining us this week at Waltzingmouse!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fabulous combination of challenges! I love the background stamping - the pattern is very elegant. It's a beautifully made candy holder - that looks good too. I'm sure this has been much appreciated. Thanks for playing along with CR84FN this week!

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...