Monday, 27 August 2012

Joy to the World

You guessed right! It's a Christmas card!

Good Monday, dear Crafty Cronies. I've got a quick card for you today. I had fun picking bits and bobs from The Shabby Tea Room's Challenge #129 photo inspiration for MojoMonday's last card of the month. For Challenge #256, there's a choice of square or round. I usually go with the square...well, for obvious reasons, but not this time. I'm living on the edge and made a round card.









And for a truly perilous experience I decided to make it a Christmas card! Christmas Stampin' All Year Long has the perfect challenge for dare-devils like me: Non Traditional Colours. With great big beads of cold sweat rolling down, I'm calling it a day with a Eureka Stamps Challenge #3: Anything Goes.

Here it is, my friends:

The papers are from Papermania's Capsule Collection. I've used Spellbinders Tear Drop to cut out the suede CS and matted it on aqua-chamois CS. At the bottom of the teal banner strip I stamped a bird nest - the shape of the table lamps. The choice of the background paper - inspired by the sun-burst mirror on the wall. 
I distressed the papers with a paper file and inked the edges TH's Vintage photo. 
The sentiment is from WMS Say It Loud Winter, stamped with Memento Rhubarb Stalk - which for me is the Christmas colour. Part of the stamping straddles the horizontal banner. I inked the oval die cut with Tattered Rose. Ok, so you're wondering what's a key doing on a Christmas card.  The Key to Everlasting Life! Or you could use the key to open one of the cupboards in the photo.  LOL. 
In this photo you can see the sentiment straddling the die cut and the banner.  In keeping with tradition, both pieces are sitting on foam tape! 

Simple yet obvious statement on the inside.
Supplies:
Papers: Papermania Capsule Collection by Jesse Edwards "Parkstone Pink" and "Lincoln Linen"; Papermania Capsule Collection by Tina Higgins "Aqua"
Dies: Spellbinders Tear Drop Circles S4-344; Classic Ovals LG  S4-100; Standard Circles LG S4-114
Stamps: WMS Say It Loud Winter Holiday
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black and Rhubarb Stalk; Tim Holtz Vintage Photo and Tattered Rose

That's all form me today. Thanks for dropping in on me. Have a great Monday and see you soon!

Beijinhos

Blogged to: M&Ms, more M&Ms and 

13 comments:

  1. Wow Asha, this card is fabulous! So very beautiful, and you have made those non-traditional Christmas colours sing...you daredevil...

    I think you should make 25-30 of these babies as your mail-out Christmas cards, everyone will love them!!

    ...;-).

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely stunning, Asha!!! LOVE the shape and I adore the patterns! Gorgeous as always! ;) Thanks for joining us at CSAYL! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your round Christmas card. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Eureka Stamps this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful!!! Beautiful DP's, beautiful die cuts, and beautiful embellishments!! If you haven't caught on... I think it's beautiful!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh, you put me to to shame-all tat work and patience to come up with such a stunning design. Love the idea of the key....very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! So pretty! Love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL, not perilous at all! Wonderful results after combining all those challenge ;>) Thanks for joining us at CSAYL~~~

    ReplyDelete
  8. hello Asha, thanks to play with us at CSAYL this week, what a cute and beautifull card you made, hope to see you next time, biz

    ReplyDelete
  9. amazaing card Asha,,,,,so different ,so elegant,,,,,love it.Thanks for your comments to Alice mini album at Lisa S. blog so fee free to ask me your favo product from my stuff on except save-packs , email me to nicecrane@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love "joy" themes! This would also be a lovely ornament for your tree, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, this is beautiful!! Great job on a round sketch, they always scare me. : ) Love your non-traditional colors and how your sentiment continues from the oval to the banner. Thanks for playing with CSAYL.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Gorgeous Christmas card! Love the colors, key, ribbon, and fabulous sewing! Great job...love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning! Just love the shapes! Thanks for playing along with The Shabby Tearoom.

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...