Sunday, 19 August 2012

Fa la la la la la

With a title like that it has to be a Christmas card post. Spot on!

How's the weekend going so far, my friends? We had a fun-filled Saturday with little Zara, my almost 3 god-daughter. I shoo-ed her parents off to pursue some adult activities such as grocery shopping while we had our way with the little imp. Not quite how it turned out, I tell ya! All morning she was on a mission share her love of bubbles with our dogs, without much success. Snoopi, the fast-riding biker-chick, was terrified of things that pop in mid-air while the Andy & Rosie remain unimpressed, preferring to carry on snoozing. After lunch, I introduced her to the sophisticated art of card-making. She seemed intrigued but I suspect her true vocation lies in face-painting. By 7pm we were slightly fatigued (read: zonked out) and draped ourselves on the sofa while Zara continued to entertain us with an impromptu 20-minute solo rendition of "La la la .....". The concert was cut short when her parents came to rescue us take her home. Kids at that age are a delight to be with but you need the stamina of a world-class marathon runner to keep up!

And that, folks, is how I got to making today's card. Zara's concert finale reminded me of the carol "Deck the halls" so I fished out some freebie stamps I got last year to make a Christmas card for my precious god daughter.  I'm taking my card to sing along with 52 Christmas Card Throwdown "Christmas Carol / Hymn" and Christmas Cards All Year 'Round "Kid's Christmas". The sketch is from Freshly Made Sketches #48.












Stir 'em up and we get:

The patterned papers are from Papermania "Festive Frolic" 8x8 pack. It's from a few years back and  probably retired now. I chose these papers for the card because the colours and dots matched Zara's sun-dress. 
Mindful of her need to taste-taste everything, I kept embellishment to the minimum - just some twine and bits of ribbon. Instead, I used Diamond Stickles to jazz things up.
Stamped the robins with are free stamp set from 2010 and coloured them with SN pens.  Haven't a clue what that stamp is called. 
See? No pop-dots. It's as child-safe as can be. 
Just for laughs, I added another famous carol character on the inside. Guess who?!
Here's a close-up of the red-nosed fella. Gave him a healthy splodge of Red Stickles and SNs. Something about the way I coloured Rudolph, he looks like a moose... or, according to my plain-spoken Conan, a sock puppet! 

Ink:
Memento Rich Cocoa
Spectrum Noirs:
Robins - GB8, GB10, CR8, CR10, CT4, GB5, EB1
Rudolph - EB5, TN7, GB10, GB8, EB2, TN2, TN1 

Thanks for stopping by. Have a blessed Sunday and I'll speak to you tomorrow! Ta-ta!

Beijinhos.


Blogged to:
Peanut brittle (I will regret this!) and
Non- fa la la la la la music

13 comments:

  1. Fabulous card, love the image and wonderful papers. Thanks for joining us at CCAYR.
    Hugs Sue W.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Asha. Glad you had a fun weekend ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Asha! What a cute card! I love that you also finished the inside! Thanks for playing with us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the outside as well as the inside. :) I don't know where you got the energy to create this after keeping up with a little one all day. :) Super inspiration and hope you have a terrific week Asha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Asha, both of these are amazing! LOVE the darling images--and such fabulous coloring! Thanks for joining us again at 52CCT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute!! It will surely make the recipient smile!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for joining in this week at 52CCT - your card is lovely - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh great card! I love pink on Christmas cards and those cheeky little crowned birds are just tooooo cute! Thanks so much for joining us at 52CCT this week. P.S. Now I have fa-la-la-la stuck in my head!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card, love the ribbon accents. Thanks for playing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an adorable card! It just makes me smile! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Asha, love that image, so cute and sounds like you had a fun day but great when you can hand the kids back!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable Asha, such a sweet Christmas card!
    Thanks so much for sharing your lovely card with us at 52 {C}CT! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh....this is so adorable! Love the robin image and Rudolph too! Thanks for joining us this week at 52CCT!

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...