Monday, 6 August 2012

Congratulations!

Hello Hello! It's MojoMonday time, my friends and I just had to take some time off from my time off to make this card. The good news is I won't be prattling on as I usually do. Today you'll see me post and scoot. Once again I've opted for a union between the MojoMonday sketch #253 and "Soft Neutrals" from The Shabby Tea Room #126. Also taking this to TopTip Tuesday #82 "Focus on Ribbon".













Here's what I've come up with for a newly wed couple who have just purchased a house. Here's to many many years of joy and happiness in their new home.

Just 2 little bits of patterned papers from Wild Rose Studio "Wedding Bells". 

I embossed the background with D'Vine Swirls (Cuttlebug) and swiped it with some distress inks to bring out the design. 

 The image is from HOTP's "Sweet Tweets" set and the sentiment is  from WMS "Fancy Phrases". I had a go at the "out of the box" cutting technique for the image with the branch and leaves sticking out on both ends. And then I went crazy with the pearls!

A few more elements from the photo inspiration: Some sheer ribbon and bow in pale blue and the scatter cushion finds it way in as that square Fleur de Lis die-cut.  

Here's the inside: I couldn't resist throwing in that cute little bird-house from the Sweet Tweets set.


Dies
Spellbinders Nestabilities Classic Ovals LG S4-110
Spellbinders Nestabilities Standard Circles LG S4-114
Spellbinders Eyelet Circles S4-304
Spellbinders Fleur de Lis Squares S4-318

Inks
Memento Rich Cocoa
Brilliance Pearlescent Chocolate
Brilliance Mediterranean Blue
Tim Holtz Brushed Corduroy
Tim Holtz Vintage Photo
Tim Holts Antique Linen


Thanks for taking the time to drop in today. We're having really lovely weather today, great fun to be outdoors. I hope you're having a blue-chip Monday too. See you soon, my friends!

Beijinhos.

12 comments:

  1. Asha this is just beautiful, gorgeous design and I love the embossing. Joey xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This stunning, I love the colours and the design

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always think your cards and creations are gorgeous, so I have to say this is double gorgeous!!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Asha! Love the tone on tone, stitching and subtle touches!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you combined the two challenges - the sheer blue ribbon is so pretty on the kraft! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty and love the soft colors Asha! Your card would be perfect for our Focus on the Ribbon challenge over at Top Tip Tuesday, just sayin'. ;) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful card. great contrasting bow. Thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, love that huge bow, it's just amazing. Love your card Asha.
    Annette
    Top Tip Tuesday DT
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful and a great use of the mojo sketch! Love that ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is just adorable!I love the bird theme and that pretty little bow! Thanks so much for joining us at TSTR this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. fantastica interpretazione

    cara Asha

    così come ogni tua creazione è talmente perfetta....
    che ci si incanta a guardarla.


    un bacione

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...