Friday, 10 August 2012

Birthday surprise!

Hello, my friends! It's been several days since I crafted... since Monday, to be exact. Honestly, I haven't missed it as much as I thought I would.  Anyways, I'm, back today with a quick card that I made for a friend. We're celebrating her birthday this evening. A surprise party, with a very special present from her husband... how exciting!!! I won't say too much but as its temporary caretaker, her present is soft, fluffy and currently lying belly up next to me! Something tells me this precious little present going to be spoilt rotten for the rest of his life!

For my card, I'm using the sketch from Tuesday Morning Sketches #158 and the colour combo from Colour Throwdown #204. Also taking my card over to Flourishes 5th Birthday Celebration.


Here's my card:

The card base measures 4.5" square. I've used papers from Basic Grey "Picadilly" 6x6 pack. The image is just perfect for the occasion!
Yes... I used foam tape and Spellbinders and stitching... am addicted! 
This cute little puppy dog is a stamp by Adam Pescott, which I've coloured with Promarkers, Spectrum Noirs and Copics. How's that for fickle?! 
For embellishments: grey eyelets, a red button and red twine.  The sentiment is from WMS Fancy Phrases set, stamped in grey.
Here's the inside, nothing fancy.

Dies
Spellbinders Standard Circles SM S4-116
Spellbinders Labels 13  S4-248
Spellbinders Labels 16  S4-301

Inks
Memento Tuxedo Black
Memento London Fog


So that's my quick card for today. If the weather's bad I might do something crafty over the weekend... but I doubt that very much! ;-) Thanks for dropping by and I'll see you soon. Stay cool!

Beijinhos!



Blogged to:
Long Island Iced Tea and

10 comments:

  1. I like the sketch made square!!! Your card is so cute!! Perfect image for the occasion if I'm guessing correctly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops! Thanks for playing this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw :) just adorable! What a sweet BD present surprise. Love the layering of your dies too. Thanks for playing along with us at Flourishes this month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These is so sweet! I love the different dies layered together, and your stitches are perfect! Love this! Thanks so much for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, how I want to know how the surprise went over! Being a temporary caretaker would be tough - at least you know you can visit the little guy later :) I love the image & how you coloured it - hey, mixing mediums is trendy & looks great, lol - and the embellies & colours are super cheerful! Thanks so much for playing with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great birthday card! I love those colors, too. I hope your friend loved her card as much I enjoyed seeing it. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Asha, this card is beautiful inside and out..i love your perfect stitching! Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an adorable card! And I bet your friend LOVED her special gift!! Thanks so much for playing along in the Color Throwdown with us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very sweet! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really love this...great colors and great take on the sketch...so cute! Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...