Thursday, 2 August 2012

Be Jolly

Warm Wednesday.... oh yes! Hello again, my friends. Since Monday I have not ventured into my craft room. With the Olympics in full swing, it would be a shame not to plant oneself in front of the telly happily overdosing on naughty nosh. Thankfully, we did not fall into that abyss because we're now addicted to "evening walks". This little known pursuit is gaining popularity amongst the portly Portuguese. And in the spirit of keeping up with the Jones' we've started strolling too. So, after dinner we'd make our way to the beach, a slow 15-minute swagger from home. Once there, we'd plonk ourselves on a couple of stools, order some liquid refreshments, watch the sun set and have deep meaningful discussions about how we'd spend our lottery loot. Bliss!

Of course, the real reason for this post is to show you a lil' something I made for a friend. Jen came over last Saturday and while we were watching "Chopped" on the Food Network, she suggested that I come up with a "dish" based on "ingredients" she'd choose. I asked "What course?" and she said "A Christmas gift box for my cranky mother in law". Great! By dinner time the box was ready. Jen loves it, let's hope the MIL feels the same way. I only managed to snap the pictures and post it today, sorry guys but I've been busy bumming on the beach!

The sketch is from WMSC #108. I'm also linking the box to the "Anything but a Card" challenges at Come and Get It and Fab n Funky #132. Over at Holly Jolly Christmas they're playing "Christmas Gift Box" and Inky Impressions #70 is into "Embossing". Swing by and take a peek at some good stuff on display.






I've used papers from Papermania's Signature Collection "A Christmas Carol", carefully handpicked by my friend Jen to suit her MIL's taste - her words, not mine! The stamps are from WMS "Vintage Ornaments" and  "Seasons of Love". The ornament is heat embossed with Silver Holographic EP and the sentiment with Fine White EP. I thought "Be Jolly" is suitable for someone fondly described as "cranky"!
Can't do Christmas without some (sheer) red ribbon and a big bow...
or sparkly bling ...
and I can't do anything without pop dots! 
Kept it light on the inside and threw in a message of Good Cheer from WMS  "Compliments of the Season".
Dies 
Spellbinders 2010 Heirloom Ornaments S4-283
Spellbinders Labels 20 Nestabilities S5-026
Spellbinders Labels 23 Nestabilities S4-347

Inks
Versamark
Memento Rich Cocoa


That's all from me today. Thanks for dropping by. And oh, I've started making a card, which I hope to post by Friday...fingers crossed. In the meantime, enjoy these warm sunny days!

Beijinhos!


p.s.

I won! I won! I won! 

Holly Jolly Christmas Box Challenge 




Blogged to:
Ben & Jerry's Chunky Monkey and

16 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous!! All these boxes you have been making are just wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful box! Thank you for joining us this week for the Inky Impressions challenge. Good luck and I hope you will join us again soon. :o)

    Tonya Inky DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! This is stunning. I love the design and the colours are so beautiful

    thanks so much for taking part in the Fab n funky Challenge with such a wonderful creation

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning box Asha! Love die cuts you have used and the wonderful bow! You have decorated it wonderfully inside and out. Thanks for sharing your wonderful creation with us this week at Holly Jolly. Regards Meighan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, your box is gorgeous, Asha! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how clever - watching chopped and wrestling a challenge of your own! Your box turned out beautiful and the mother in law will be made amicable again!! Well done - great take on the sketch - love the papers and the stamps you used!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very beautiful box. Lots of great detail and design. Thank you for playing Holly Jolly Chrismtas Challenges this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Asha,Beautiful box, I love the ornament, and the saying, also the background paper. Glad to have you join us at both challenges, Holly Jolly Christmas, and Come and Get It.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty box. Well done. Thank you so much for sharing your talent with us on Come and Get It Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful Box! I am sure she will love it! Thank you for joining us this week at Fab'n'Funky!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous, love the design...Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky this week.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely to see the sketch taken to 3d this is great and I love the colours well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooh!Asha this is fantastic! I am so jealous with people who do 3d projects soooo well!!!! I wish I could do that too! Thanks for sharing this with us at WMSC! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. A sketch on a box?! FABULOUS, Asha! Love the way that the silver looks on the burgandy cardstock. Such a beautiful gift that the recipient will surely treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely AMAZING! What a beautiful project! I am especially fond of the sentiment since Jolly is my maiden name! Thank you so much for joining us at Inky Impressions!

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow this is stunning, really elegant - Thanks for getting embossed with us at Inky impressions xx

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...