Monday, 30 July 2012

You make me Smile

It's true... some of the comments I've received lately on this blog and via e-mail have made me smile with my heart. Thank you, so very much!

Since its Monday, it's time for another MojoMonday card and I'm going square. Before I jabber on about the card, I must say we had a wonderful time watching the 2012 Olympics Opening Ceremony. It was spectacular, sensational and mesmerising. It was long, more than 3 hours long but thoroughly entertaining with everything quintessentially British thrown in. It's going to be tough opening to beat. I can't wait to see what we'll get for the closing. How about you?

In the meantime, I have something altogether sobering for you: a happy union between MojoMonday #252 and The Shabby Tea Room #125.













Shake 'em and out pops:

The papers are from Papermania's Capsule Collection by Tina Higgins.  The edges of the papers have been distress and crumpled. I love that sheer pink polka dot ribbon - so ethereal.
The sentiment is from WMS Compact Sentiments 2, stamped with Memento Bamboo Leaves and I fussy cut it.  For the purple die cut, I used Spellbinders Teardrop Circles. I'm picking the colours from the TSTR photo.
What's with the tutu? Well, that's my take on newspaper the flowers are on, crumpled, ruffled yet light and delicate enough to hold the flowers. I have an active imagination...what can I say?!
Here are the little flowers - my interpretation of the tiny petals of the hydrangeas. I took my Sakura Crystal gel pen to the word "smile" for some sparkle. Not so obvious in this pic.  
Here's the inside - plain and simple - what I do best ... NOT!

That's my card for today. Since I'm using 2 patterned papers, you'll find this card over at Paper Pretties PPMC#50 "2 or More Papers". Thanks for dropping in and I'll see you soon. In the meantime, watch the Olympics and have a marvellous Monday, y'all!

Beijinhos!



Blogged to:
Walnut brownie, espresso frappuccino and

4 comments:

  1. well, your posts make me smile! Its the tutu in this one I love-reminds me of all those ballet lessons as a kid, althought I was always thrown out for being naughty!!
    Have fun watching the Olympics x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! I adore the tuile!
    So glad you could join us this week at TSTR:D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Asha! What a terrific card! I love that tulle ruffle~ it add so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is adorable!!! I love that sentiment!!!

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...