Tuesday, 24 July 2012

Thinking of You

Hello there, friends! I'm back with this week's Mojo Monday #251 card. This time I made a get well card for a friend who has just started chemo. It's heartbreaking when someone so young and vibrant is dealt such a cruel blow. While the rest of us are reeling from the diagnosis, she's putting on her war-face, ready to do battle. Now that's courage!  She'll be ok, she has to be. After all, she's in good hands - medically and spiritually.

Here's my card:


I'm using papers from Wild Rose Studio "Butterfly Garden" 6x6 pack.
The focal point is a sentiment from WMS Fancy Phrases which, I heat-embossed in Metalic Gold  and cut out with Spellbinders Lacey Oval die. For contrast I used 3 flat-backed pearls.
Of couse I just had to use foam tape to hoist up the sentiment.  Roses and butterflies are sure to cheer her up. They are her favourites.
Another little butterfly on the inside is sure to delight!
I'm also linking this card up with  Platypus Creek Digital #11"Things With Wings" and Crazy For Challenges #146 "Stitching"

Thanks for stopping by. Today has been a hectic Monday for me. I'm hoping for a lazy weekend-like day tomorrow! (In my dreams!)

Beijinhos.


Blogged to:
Hot chocolate w/whipped cream and 

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card! How sad to have to make it for this situation!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty card. Lovely soft colours. Thanks for joining us at Platypus Creek Digitals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card -lovely papers. Thanks for joining the challenge at Platypus Creek, Lisa (DT) x

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...