Friday, 6 July 2012

Sweet Birthday Box

WoooHooo! Friday...finally! It has been one incredibly long and windy week. Glad its over. And here I am: in the garden, on the swing, mac on my lap, martini in my hand...how does it get better than this? Oh but it does! I have a little project to show you. It's a box I made for my MIL. I guess I could call her Mrs Conan but she's nothing like her burping, grunting, bike-riding son. She's a prim and proper lady, impeccable manners, not a hair out of place and in all the years I've known her I have never seen her sweat! How is that possible?! She is a gardening genius, a horticultural healer and can bring any plant back to life. It's true - I have extensively tested her abilities and her patience ... still, not a teeny bead of sweat! Back to the main plot: we're celebrating her birthday tomorrow and I made this box to house her gift. What that is we don't yet know but it will, most definitely, be limited by the size of the box! 


Here's the aerial view. For the base of the lid I cut a piece of dark green CS with the largest die in Spellbinders Labels 23 set. My inspiration for this box came from the numerous tutorials posted by Beate Johns on Splitcoaststampers. She's a genius, I tell ya! You must check her out...err, I mean her blog.

My box measures 2" x 3" and has my MIL's fave elements: roses, pearls and the colour green.

I wrapped a little strip of patterned paper by Stampin' Up! around the side of the lid, added some cream satin ribbon and bow. (Now do you feel the crick in your neck?!)

The sentiment is from WMS "Compact Sentiments", stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black on white CS and cut out with Spellbinders Beaded Oval die. Then I sponged with TH's Peeled Paint.

And finally I threw in some pearls because my MIL loves her pearls. ... she sure does!
Am quite pleased how this turned out, but hey, what do I know?! To see what the experts think I'm quietly taking this card to Paper Play Challenges #27 "Happy Birthday", Moving Along With The Times "Make It Sentimental", Shelly's Images "What the Text" and My Heart Pieces "Something for Someone Special".

And now, I'll quietly go back indoors and quietly send telepathic messages to Conan to take me out for dinner. Have a fab Friday and a wicked weekend, dear CCs. Thanks for swinging by and I'll see ya soon.

Beijinhos!

p.s.  And don't forget to stop by Make It Monday #97. It's chock full of crafty creations!



Blogged to: 
Martini Rosso, mint, ice and 

23 comments:

  1. an absolutely perfect box for your perfect MIL - I'm sure she'll love it, it really is so pretty. thanks for playing along at MAWTT this week hugs Judith x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just gorgeous!!! I'm sure she will be thrilled with it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a lovely gift box. Your MIL is very lucky and I am sure she will love it. Hope you got out to dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Asha this is just so simple and elegant. I just love this. Thank you so much for joining My Heart Pieces hope to see you again next week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW..gorgeous box Asha...and such a cool post. Loved reading it and hope you got to go out for dinner. hugs, Pat K.x

    ReplyDelete
  6. really gorgeous box
    thanks for playing with us at paperplay this week
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW so gorgeous!! Thanks so much for playing along in our Happy Birthday Challenge at Paper Play this week:-)
    Hugs
    Karen
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful little gift box! Perfect! Thanks so much for joining our "WHAT THE TEXT" challenge at Shelly's Images! Please come back and join us again real soon!!
    Darlene
    Shelly's Images DT
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous box Asha - your mother in law will be delighted with the delicate colouring, embellishments and lovely materials. Saw this on MIM and delighted that I stopped by for a closer look.
    Stamping Shanni

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow is absolutely stunning!! Such a fabulous creation!!
    Saw you on MIM
    Nat -x-

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely box, Asha! Love the roses with the pearls, so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is really pretty Asha gorgeous inky creation!
    Thanks for getting 'Sentimental' with us at MAWTT this week for Debs challenge and I hope you will join us again
    Hugs Laurie xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Asha, love your sweet little box, pretty flowers and great details.
    Thanks for linking up to MIM this week.
    Remember, to be in the running to win the prize from our sponsor this week just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful gift box! Thanks for participating in MY HEART PIECES challenge this week!!

    ~DEANNE~

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning box Asha. I saw this Beautiful project on MIM..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Asha. I saw this Fabulous card when I dropped by from MIM..Faye

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so stunning, the colors are perfect

    We would like to thank you for Entering My Heart Challenge.
    Hugs from Tammy Ortiz - DT Digi Team for My Heart Pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Absolutely in love with your project! Thanks for sharing!
    I saw this on Make it Monday!
    These are my entries: #77, #163, #183, and #258 and would love it if you could visit.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such rich colors used - That gray looks fantastic with the other colors. Very pretty & I'm positive your MIL will love it :)

    Btw, I found you on MIM.

    I would be oh, so happy if you played with us at Tuesday Alchemy (http://tuesdayalchemy.blogspot.com) this week!

    Happiness & lots of joy :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. wow... simply stunning... cute... saw your link in MIM...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful creation... thank you for sharing at My Heart Pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very cool gift box! I'd love to receive chocolates or a gift in this. Hugs! Cindy :)

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...