Wednesday, 11 July 2012

Still crazy...

Welcome to Wednesday, dear CCs. We're half way through the week and in a couple of clicks it'll be the weekend. Hurrah! Yes, I'm a glass half full kinda gal! On that optimistic note, I want to show you a card that I made for a friend. He wants to give it to his girlfriend of 14 years. I've often wondered - why not just get married? After all they've been together longer than some marriages. He always comes back with the same response: "What if she says NO?" I'd say his glass is almost empty!

For my card, I picked the sketch from WMSC #105 and the colours from Ribbon Reel #32 Sweet Sparkle photo inspiration.... delicious, yummy and making me very hungry. We are also encouraged to used the following: heart, sparkle and lace or ribbon. Here's my confection:







I'm using papers from Basic Grey's "Indian Summer" 6x6 pack. 
The sentiment is from WMS Compact Sentiment 2, stamped with Brilliance Pearlescent Chocolate ink, heat embossed with Snowflake Sparkle EP and then I cut the whole thing out with Spellbinders Lacy Oval die.
Over a row of white heart trim, I wrapped some sheer dusty pink ribbon and tied a bow.  
Come closer... can you see the sparkle on the sentiment? I also dotted the background papers with some Crustal Stickles.
Kept the inside plain and simple.... for a change!
Thanks for dropping in. I'm off to my friendly pastry shop to stuff my gob with something sweet, fluffy, creamy. Please don't mention calories or cavities ... I'm too old for both! Ta ta for now.

Beijinhos!


p.s. How about swinging by MIM #98 for a trunk full of crafty goodies?


Blogged to:
Hershey's Kisses (not counting!) and


29 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Asha! Love the soft colors and the gorgeous bow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely combination of challenges - your cards is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Difinately Yummy! Love the pink and the soft whispy bow! Gorgeous with all the embellishments... that string of hearts.... drool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How adorable!!! Adore the sentiment, bow, and the hearts are perfect! That boy needs to be "half full" ....actually I have no business saying that...oops! Hope I didn't offend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet and your heart border, just so perfect with your soft colors. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a beautiful card!! That's a great sketch and you did a perfect take on the inspiration photo!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful card. Your friend is very fortunate to know someone who makes such beautiful cards

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the row of hearts and that beautiful ribbon-your friend will love it-perhaps it might prompt him to ask his girlfriend to tie the knot!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The papers are so pretty and the colours are lovely. I love how you've tied ribbon over the heart trim...very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty, I love the chiffon ribbon and fancy bow, and the sentiment is a great focal point!
    Thanks for joining us at The Ribbon Reel this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is soooo yummy!!!! Your embellishments are beautiful. Perfect combination! Thank you for playing with us at WMSC this week. I hope to see you again next week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. lovely card with those soft colors! And I like the stitching too. Love from Holland.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So soft and pretty, great papers! Thanks for joining us for a Waltzingmouse sketch this week! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What great paper you used on this - love the heart lace and sentiment on the die cut label! Thanks for playing with the WMS sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a pretty card! That trim with the hearts - how gorgeous is that! And I love the combination of papers you've used. So soft and pretty to the eyes. What a treat! So glad you could join us at Waltzingmouse!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pretty take on the sketch! I saw your card at MIM! Shirl~

    ReplyDelete
  17. Another stunning card Asha. I saw this on MIM..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  18. Saw your card on MIM today - wow, its beautiful. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Asha, saw you over on MIM and thought I would pop over and say hi, gorgeous gorgeous card, it has such an elegant feel to it. Joey #28 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card Asha - the colours are so pretty! Saw it on MIM, glad I took a closer look.
    Stamping Shanni

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just popping over from MIM. What a pretty card. Apart from all the pinkness, ribbons and flowers (which I love), I really like the sparkles on the sentiment. I'm going to have get some of that embossing powder.

    I hope you enjoyed your visit to the pastry shop :)

    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  22. what a stunner...elegant layout and i love all the beautiful details....gorgeous
    thanks for joining us at MIM and good luck
    tracey x
    Remember, to be in the running to win the prize from our sponsor this week just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi there! Saw you on MIM. Just wanted to let you know I have blog candy if you're interested. :)
    My Blog Candy

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hello, saw you on MIM. Your card is just lovely and I really like all the stitching. Thanks for sharing this beautiful artwork! Have a great week! :0)

    Celeste

    ReplyDelete
  25. hi asha.... simply cool saw your card in MIM... love it... so cute n adorable...:)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I saw your beautiful creation on Make It Monday and had to come visit and take a closer look. Gorgeous! TFS! My entries are: #89, #90, #91, #151, #154, #155, #173, #254 and #255.
    I would love to have you visit my blog!
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hello Asha.I Popped by from MIM to see this Beautiful card ...Faye

    ReplyDelete
  28. That is one pretty card! Reminds me of candyfloss! Saw you on Make It Monday and wanted to stop by and say hello!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I saw your card at MIM and loved it, what a gorgeous card. Good luck in the challenge. JOx

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...