Monday, 16 July 2012

Miss you

Hello my dear Crafty Cronies. Here we are - staring at the start of another week. Fingers crossed it'll be a fantabulous week. Over at our neck of the woods we're expecting hoping praying for searing sizzling scorching temperatures minus the arctic winds this week. (Please please let it be!) Hope you too will be savouring a sensationally sweltering summer. Isn't funny how the weather affects us so? Isn't it curious how we never tire of talking about the weather? Isn't it infuriating how it tends to defy forecasts with wanton disregard? And, isn't it annoying how we I can't stop whinging about it? A crone's privilege!

In the meantime, I poured forth my creative sunshine onto this week's MojoMonday #250 piece. I'm paring it with colours and inspiration from The Shabby Tea Room's Week #1123 challenge, incorporating button, ribbon, twine and stitching in my card. The sentiment is from Paper Playtime #79 "Miss You" card.














Enough chit chat, let's take a look at the card:

I'm using paper from NitWit's Spring Collection. It has the colours and elements from the photo: cubby holes / cubes, vertical lines, ribbon spool etc.
The sentiment is from WMS Compact Sentiment 2, stamped with Memento Cantaloupe ink.
For the die cuts I used Spellbinders Teardrop Circles, inked TH's Peeled Paint.  I threaded some twine through a yellow button and stuck in down with a glue dot.

Some sheer ribbons found their way in, as did pieces of patterned paper which I gave the fish-tail treatment.
On the inside I decided to add a sentiment from WMS Say it Loud set. 
Let's take a closer look at the Cantaloupe and roses, shall we?

That's all from me today. Thank you for stopping by and I cannot thank you enough for the sweet encouraging emails and comments for Xiara. I read them all to her. I'm going to crank up Mr Presley and prepare Xiara's supper. Until next time, my friends....

Beijinhos!


Blogged to:
Warm peach cobbler, ice cream and

5 comments:

  1. Hi Asha, Lovely colours used here to make your very pretty card. I saw your link at MIM. I'm #82 this week, I'd love it if you stopped by.

    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Thanks for playing with us at Paper Playtime. :) Janis P.S. Check out my other challenge blog @ http://pausedreamenjoychallenges.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous!!! LOVE the soft tones and patterns--and LOVE the fussy cut sentiment! Gorgeous card!!! I hope you come and join me at Technique Tuesday--I'd LOVE to see what you create!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!!! Gorgeous take on the sketch and you nailed the inspiration photo, too!! So pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Asha,

    Forget the weather, your card is a reminder of sunny days! Thanks for the cheery and soft colours!

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...