Wednesday, 18 July 2012

Masculine Christmas


Hiya! How's the week so far? Over here it has been hellaciously hot, and it continues to be so! I know I have been whinging about the lack of summer heat but ... HELLO? Can we dial it back a couple of notches. It has been 37ºC (that's 98.5º in old money) all day, no breeze, nothing. Just flaming, scorching heat! Of course it's the perfect weather for Christmas cards. So that's what I did.

For my sketch, I turned to Tuesday Morning Sketch #155 and the colours are from 52 Christmas Card Throwdown. Other ideas and inspirations came from Stampin' Sisters in Christ #148 "Sparkle" as well as  Cards for Men #15 and Diecut Divas #74 "Christmas in July".














Throw everything in a pot, stir well, hope for the best and here's what you get:

Confession: I'm not using Christmas papers. This polka dot piece is from  Papermania's "Liquorice and Sherbert" A4 paper pack. It reminded me of snow fall in the dark... possibly a blizzard. Go on, let your imagination soar!
The sentiment is from WMS "Compliments of the Season" set, stamped in Memento Danube Blue. Then I cut it out with Spellbinders Fleur de Lis Rectangles S4-317 and lightly inked the edges with TH's Faded Jeans. Finally, 4 blue blings for some sparkle.
Here's a close-up of Santa's hat, which I cut with a die from Spellbinders Holiday Cheer S4-225. Did some stencilling with TH's Faded Jeans and added some sparkly fluffy thingamabob for the trim. Quite pleased with the way it turned out. 
Old habits die hard. I  OD-ed on pop-dots. (Note to self: get more...NOW)  
For the inside I added a strip of paper from the same pack which, to me, looks like winter twigs... and I tied it all up with some blue and white twine.

That's another Christmas card in my stash. If I keep this up I should be ok by December, leaving me plenty of time to stress over other things. Kitty-cat Xiara is doing fine. She's eating on her own now which is a great relief to us both. She's less mobile than she used to be but with regular physio she'll do better. I'll leave you with a picture of her blissfully asleep. Thanks for stopping by and I'll see you tomorrow.

Yes, she's in a diaper! Since we are
having  mobility issues, this allows
her to rest uninterrupted without
having to struggle to the loo at night. 
You can't hear it, but she's actually
snoring! I guess at that age she's
earned a few privileges.








Beijinhos!


Blogged to:
Celery sticks (shocking but true!) and









Top Honour 52 Christmas Card Throwdown July 2012 Colour Challege

17 comments:

  1. Terrific card! Love that blue hat and sentiment. Thanks so much for joining us at 52CCT this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, I laughed at the 'old money' temperature translation...and a few other fun turns of phrase :) Love the sparkly fluff stuff on the hat, and the night blizzard background! Thanks so much for playing with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card! The hat and the sentiment go together so well and love the paper too, blizzard at night -LOL. Thank you for joining in with us at52CCT. Hope Xiara is feeling better soon
    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely amazing!!! LOVE it--you are PINNED, girl!!! your Santa hat is what did me in--an amazing addition! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT!!! I hope to have you join me at Technique Tuesday--I'd love to see your creation! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!What a Fabulous card!The sparkly fluff on hat is my favorite!
    Thank You for joining us at Die Cuttin' Divas this week.
    migdalia
    craftingwithcreativem.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love what came out of that stirred pot! Great Christmas card. Love the fluffy stuff on the hat. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fabulous!! I love that hat!!
    Thanks for playing with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely card - thanks for joining in this week at 52CCT - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Asha, i am quite pleased with how your card turned out as well. :) I think it could be for any gender too. I am going to pin it to Pinterest and share it with my scrap friends!
    Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card! Love the die you used and the sparkly fluff too! Thanks for playing along this week at 52CCT.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabby card Asha, I LOVE IT! That sparkly, fluffy hat is such a wonderful addition!
    Thanks so much for sharing your lovely card with us at 52 {C}CT! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a funny card, I love it. Thanks for joining us at DCD this week!
    Gerda
    http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cute man card. Great job. Thanks for joining us at DCD.

    Hugs,
    Patty
    creativediva98.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope thinking about a nighttime blizzard helped cool you off a bit! This card is so stinkin' cute! I love it! The hat is awesome with the fluffy cuff. I have a tip on the pop dots...instead of using them for large (or even small) items, just get yourself a paper crimper and layer lightweight crimped cardstock to give your layers a lift. You have to turn the layers 90 degrees to each other to keep them from nesting, but it works great, and you can layer as many as you need. It makes for a really sturdy "pop," and you can save those pop dots for the small items. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Asha - What a great card! I love it! I love the sentiment and the hat! And the DP does look like a snowstorm at night! Such a great card. Your sweet cutie looks like she is resting comfortably and I love the album you said you were listening to when you created this card. Such a great, great CD. Thanks for sharing with us at SSiC.
    Blessings,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Love your creation. You have done a wonderful job staying with the Christmas theme. Thanks so much for joining us at Color Me Creative. I love seeing your creation. Good luck on the challenge. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Patricia

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...