Wednesday, 18 July 2012

Mon Amie

Is it time for another WMS Blog Party already? Has it been a month since the last party?! Kinda scary how fast time flies but there you have it! Might as well hop on and enjoy the ride. The July Blog Party is about "The Great Outdoors" and this month we've spent a lot of time outdoors, most ambling about aimlessly but occasionally we've done some purposeful prowling. For my project I'm drawing on the many happy moments spent gallivanting at garden centres, hoping, dreaming, wishing my horticultural aspirations would someday allow me to boast a floral yard, instead of conjuring up fancy names for pretty weeds. Oh well, that day may well come but until then I'll stick to what I can do. And for now I've made this box, adorned with flowers I wish were real and from my garden. It's loosely based on a box I made for my MIL'S birthday gift.

That teeny tiny bit of patterned paper is from NitWit Spring Collection.  This flip-top lid box measures 3"x3"x1.5".
The pale green pearlescent base layer of the lid and the patterned paper are cut out with Spellbinders labels 16 die.  The sentiment is from WMS Fancy Phrases. In keeping with the floral paper, I added paper flowers ... mulberry paper roses, to be precise. Stitching and some pearls complete the delicate look I was after. 



Here are some vertigo inducing, neck breaking views of the box.










In these 2 photos you can see the flip-top lid in action.










Here's the view from the back when the lid is flipped over in full. For the sides of the box I embossed strips of the pale green pearlescent CS with Cuttlebug's Swiss Dots folder, wrapped around with some sheer dusky pink ribbon and tied a bow in front.  
Here's a closer look at the sentiment  (love that elegant script). I stamped it with Memento Tuxedo Black, sprinkled some Snowflake EP  and zapped it with the heat tool. I was after a subtle shimmer without being too glitzy. Of course, there's stitching ... my life would suck without stitching. Try singing that, Kelly Clarkson! ;-) 

Since I'm all for having a good time, you'll catch my box partying all night long at Alota Rubber Stamping #87 "Box It Up",  Scrap It Girl "Good Things Come in Small Package" and Cupcake 201 "Le Tour de France.

I've enjoyed making this box. Could this lead to a new obsession? Possibly. Very likely. I'll keep y'all posted. In the meantime, thanks for dropping by and have grand Wednesday.

Beijinhos!




Blogged to:
Cheese on toast, coffee and

28 comments:

  1. nice take of the sketch! Love from Holland.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful Asha. The papers you've used are so pretty and delicate

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous elegant treat box - Would look so beautiful on a dresser to put little things in! Love all the close ups and different views to better appreciate all the work and time you put into this beauty! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just absolutely beautiful Asha, I love the shape of the box lid, and the pretty ribbon, a gorgeous trinket box!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your box is gorgeous! I love the elegance of it Asha. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful box! Love the floral papers and the sentiment is perfect for the vintage girly feel!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful box and what a biiig effort you put in details - so very well done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your sweet box Asha - the papers, colors and stampings all contribute to it's beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Drop dear gorgeous, Asha. Such a lovely and romantic outdoor feel of all those beautiful posies. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful project...very elegant. I'd be very happy to receive a gift like this!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a beautiful project. I love the colors and those sweet little flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous!! That's the only think I can find to say... it is absolutely gorgeous!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. such a beautiful little box, that paper is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is beautiful - lovely papers, pretty flowers - just fab!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a precious little box! The patterned paper you used is gorgeous and I love the stitching and pearls!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What adorable little box, just love it! And your stitching is just so beautiful and perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a gorgeous box...
    love the beautiful blooms...
    and that sentiment is perfect!
    How fun to come up with beautiful names for weeds...
    I think I may give that a try too since that seems to be the only thing I have any luck growing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh that is such an adorable box! I just love the papers with those roses, it makes it look like it's made from fine china not paper! Gorgeous embellishing! Those roses and that delicate pink bow are making me swoon!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi! A stunning box, love the bow and the sentiment is perfect for our challenge at Cupcake this week! Shelly x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my gosh Asha…. this is gorgeous! Love your beautiful stamping and that bow is to die for. What a great box!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful box, love all the detail :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Super Lovely Box!

    Thanks for playing along with us @ Alota Rubber Stamps!

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  23. Asha, this is precious!! such a delicately pretty box!!! I love it! and thank you for playing along with us at WMS

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a sweet little box! I love the soft, delicate colors and feminine details that you incorporated - so pretty! Thanks for entering Scrap-It-Girls July challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous box, very elegant! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake and good luck! Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. How cute! Perfect for little treasures! Thanks for playing along with Scrap It Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  27. A very beautiful box indeed! Thanks for playing at Scrap It Girl, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thank you for entering the Scrap It Girl "Good Things come in Small Packages" Design Challenge. Your entry is very pretty, what a special box for treasures! For more crafty inspiration follow my FB Page: www.facebook.com/mothershipscrapbookgal
    xoxo, Rina Gonzales, Scrap It Girl Design Team Member

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...