Monday, 23 July 2012

Don't forget to have fun!

Helloo, friends! It's Sunday and you probably have much to do today, or not. In any case, I'll make this a short one. No beating about the bush, nothing long-winded, no lengthy, protracted, discursive ramblings. Just my usual trade-mark concise and succinct blog-note... and it goes something like this:

In between Church, Sunday lunch, Tall Ships Parade on the River Tagus and a spectacular concert by St. Patrick's RSS Vancouver Choir, I managed to produce a bon voyage card. It's for our dear dear friends who will be leaving on a 10 week vacation to the Far East! How lucky! I've used the sketch from WMSC # 107. Here it is:


The papers are form Cosmo Cricket "Togetherness" 6x6 pack.

For embellishment I'm using some sheer ribbon and twine. 
The sentiment is from WMS Half Pint Heroine and Say It Loud sets.
The hot-air balloon and the Girl are from Half Pint Heroes. The Boy is  from Half  Pint Heroes.  I paper-pieced the hot air balloon. 
On the inside I adhered a couple of clouds from the Half Pint Heroine set. I inked  a piece of water colour paper with TH's Stormy Sky Distress Ink, spritzed with water and let dry. Then  stamped the clouds with TH's Faded Jeans and did some fussy cutting. The sentiment is from WMS Say it Loud.
That's it from me today, thanks for stopping by. Linking this card to MIM #99 for their Anything Goes Challenge. I'm off to bed in bit. Tomorrow is the start of a brand new week and a brand new Mojo card to make! Take care!

Beijinhos!


21 comments:

  1. This is so cute!! Great paper piecing!! I love the little heads sticking out over the basket!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Asha, I for one enjoy your ramblings! This image is so cute-the little faces in the basket! That cosmo cricket paper in the centre is cool. How did you manage to craft this in such a busy day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is Beautiful.. I saw this on MIM..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Asha - this is just as adorable inside as it is on the outside (which I LOVE) A great mix of colors, patterns and elements. Awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello. I popped by from MIM to see your Beautiful card...faye

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so sweet hunnie...I just love it...
    Thanks for joining us this week at MIM..


    Remember, to be in the running to win the prize from our sponsor this week just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning!

    HUgs,
    Marjorie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun image and your card layour is awesome! I saw this on MIM and had to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  8. super, cute card...this makes me smile....have a wonderful week! I am having a blog candy giveaway to celebrate my birthday, stop by and leave a comment for your chance to win!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute card. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just total SWEETNESS Asha! Love your little couple taking off in that fussy cut balloon!! Just adorable! Your friends will adore this - thanks for making me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful Bon Voyage card! Love the two peeps in the basket and how you combined sets to get the perfect sentiment!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable card...love all the paper piecing and the bright colours too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great take on the sketch! Lovely papers and the paper piecing of the hot air balloons is such a fab detail! Spotted this lovely card on MIM.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super fun creation! The inside is fantastic as well. This piece is inspiring to me with its simple details & lovely colors :)

    I found you on MIM, btw. I happily invite you to join me at Tuesday Alchemy http://tuesdayalchemy.blogspot.com for our newest challenge!

    Lots of joy,
    Corrinne

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW!!! This is absolutely WONDERFUL!!!LOVE your paper piecing and fabulous take on the sketch!
    Thanks so much for playing with us at WMSC, hugs, Karin

    ReplyDelete
  16. How super cute is this! I love all the bright colours and how you've done the inside as well Asha - I'm sure your wandering friends will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is beautiful. I love the image and those pretty papers. Thanks for sharing this at MIM.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous!!
    Love the mix of papers and what a great send off for what sounds like an amazing trip! :)
    I have to admit a little jealousy here as well!
    So glad you could play along with us this week at WMSC! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is such a cute project, I'm happy I popped by from MIM to see it :) Great work

    ReplyDelete
  20. EEEK, so CUTE, Asha! I love the sentiment you created and how you paired the Hero and Heroine together! Gorgeous papers and patterns, just so cheerful and sweet. The inside is so creative, too. Fabulous sketch card, as always :)!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What an adorable card! Stopped by from MIM!
    Hugs,
    Karen C
    #'s 3, 67, 165, 187, 222, 258, 260

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...