Wednesday, 4 July 2012

Christmas 2012

This year I'm starting my Christmas projects early, and July is as early as it gets for me. I need to get Easter well and truly out of the way before I prance about the living room with tinsel in my hair.  I'm kicking off my Christmas collection in traditional colours: red, green and vanilla ice-cream. Ok, maybe not so much the ice-cream, but definitely a smooth, creamy, perky beverage of some description! <nudge..wink>  For my card, I'm using the sketch from WaltzingMouse Sketch Challenge #104. Christmas in July is also the theme at Lollipop Crafts #84, The Squirrel & The Fox #21Through the Craftroom Door and 52 Christmas Card Throwdown.



The patterned paper is from "Merry Berry" 6x6 by  Jennifer Ellory.
The basket and poinsettia stamps are from WMS Basket Additions set. I coloured them in with Promarkers,  fussy cut the flowers and adhered them above the basket with pop dots. The sentiment is from the Compact Sentiments set. To cut I used Spellbinders Labels 16 for the basket and Labels 14 for the sentiment.
I used 4 Festive Berry brad on the 4 corners of the central panel.  Instead of ribbon I decided on some green twine.
 And for a final festive touch (and because I'm such a fuss-pot) I added 3 red blings ... Festive enough? Nope...  
For more festive trimmings I adhered the spare poinsettia and a strip of the patterned paper.
 
 So there you have it - I've officially started my Christmas countdown. I'm going to go to bed now...but first I need to put away my reindeer antlers. Good night, Crafty Cronies!

Beijinhos.


Blogged to:
Bailey's Irish Cream, ice and


12 comments:

  1. I'm in denial... I have been making Christmas cards all along, but am thinking I won't need them for almost a year!
    This is so pretty!! I'm a red/green Christmas kind of girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE it!!! Gorgeous stamped image and I'm loving the dimension!!! :) Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful card, perfect for our challenge of 'Anything Goes' love the twine and the sentiment. Thank you for joining in with this week's challenge at 52 CCT
    Louise x

    ReplyDelete
  4. great Christmas card, very cheery and full of festive fun. Love those green brads and the green twine looks fab x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely card and great use of the green bakers twine - thanks for playing along this week at 52CCT - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the basket and flowers and the sentiment is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how you popped up the flowers, the twine too and especially how you did the inside of your card as well. So glad you played along this week at 52CCT.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely Christmas card, Asha! I just love the patterned paper you chose to go with the poinsettia basket! Way to go getting a jump start on the holiday ;)!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is beautiful. Love the layers and twine. Thanks for joining us at TTCRD

    ReplyDelete
  10. HI Asha! Gorgeous Christmas card! Your coloring and shading is perfect and I love all that twine! Great attention to detail!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a darling card! I just love the dimention to it!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Squirrel and The Fox in our Christmas in July Challenge!

    Hugs,
    Linda xx
    www.squirrelsnippets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. So beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Lollipop Crafts for our July challenge!

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...