Thursday, 5 July 2012

Celebrate!

I know...I'm a day late. I meant to post this yesterday. Had it all set up - my usual blog-blab, the pictures, etc etc and then I set the date and time. And that's where I failed ... I scheduled my release for August 4th. I hang the ol' noggin in shame. Is anyone celebrating something, anything on the 4th of August? If you are, then this card's for you.

The sketch is from Freshly Made Sketches #42 - lovely simple number. I used the colours from ColourQ #144 - gorgeous combo. For inspiration, I hopped over to Bearly Be Mine #42 "Ribbon & Bow" and Paper Pretties "Celebrate".













No patterned paper on this card. ALL card stock. The colours are so vibrant I wanted to keep it simple... yeah, you heard right!
Went to town with the embossing - both wet and dry! For the blue background I used Crafts Too "Daisies" folder.  The red CS was given Cuttlebug's "Swiss Dots" treatment. The sentiment is by WMS, heat embossed with Stampendous Fine White EP. Somehow 3 red blings snuck in...
White brad and foam tape did their bit to hold the panels down.
Some sheer white ribbon and bow complete this party.
On the inside added a panel with stars and layers of red, white and blue... maybe next year I'l turn up on time!
I hear a beer can click and a familiar satisfied grunt. That's my cue to get dinner going. Conversation is over-rated! Have a great day, Crafty Cronies. I'll see you tomorrow!

Beijinhos  and hugs and oplqmumooo

p.s. no more Martini... until after dinner ;-)


p.p.s. Looking for creative inspiration? How about swinging by Make It Monday #97? Tons of good stuff there!


Blogged to:
Martini Rosso, slice of lemon and

23 comments:

  1. Love your shear bow and how you finished out the inside of your card. At least you found your post today....vs on August 4th! Thanks for playing with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card! I love that bow! Nicely decorated inside as well! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty!! Embossing is my favourite technique!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Asha
    Wow a CAS card, a different style for you and it is great, that bow is divine. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is so pretty, Asha, love the embossing and that pretty bow! Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week and sharing your card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty Asha! Thanks for playing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that ribbon - I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup again this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/07/52-card-pickup-week-27.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow...beautiful detail. Love all the texture and layers you created. Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very beautiful! I love the colour combo and the simplicity and elegance of it! Thanks so much for playing along at BMD this week! Hugs, Ani

    ReplyDelete
  10. A fabulous card ... love the texture, love the stitching and looove that gorgeous bow!
    Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really gorgeous card! I love all the elements, especially the bow! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card and take on the sketch! The sheer bow is stunning. Great job and TFS

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card pleased I popped over from MIM xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice card Asha - saw it on MIM and loved the colour combination.
    Stamping Shanni

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is absolutely gorgeous!! Very simple, love that sentiment stamp and the ribbon and stunning bow finish it off fabulously!! Saw you on MIM
    Nat -x-

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card....Saw you over at Make it Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card Asha! So happy you could play with us at the colourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card and colours Asha. I saw this on MIM..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello. I saw this gorgeous card when I popped by from MIM..Faye

    ReplyDelete
  20. Saw this gorgeously embossed card on Make It Monday challenge. Love the inside too.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is such a gorgeous card. Love the beautiful embossed background and ribbon blow. Just fabulous! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Make It Monday this week... :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Absolutely in love with your project! Thanks for sharing!
    I saw this on Make it Monday!
    These are my entries: #77, #163, #183, and #258 and would love it if you could visit.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  23. Adore this creation! It's perfectly delightful & the inside is FANTASTIC!

    Btw, I found you on MIM.

    I would be oh, so happy if you played with us at Tuesday Alchemy (http://tuesdayalchemy.blogspot.com) this week!

    Happiness & lots of joy :)

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...