Friday, 27 July 2012

Blue Posy

Heelllloooo Friday! It's been a great week but, nothing like the weekend. What have you got planned for this evening? We'll be watching the opening ceremony of the 2012 London Olympics, on the box of course. (Why do we still call it a "box" when its flat and on the wall?).  Conan, the Barbarian and his grizzly pack are charge of charring our meaty rations while the civilised ladies sit in the parlour sipping G&Ts. (Why don't we sit in the parlour anymore? Do we even have a parlour? What is a parlour? Anybody?)

What usually happens is us sorting out the sustenance while they stand in front of the fire talking, drinking, belching ... not necessarily in that order. It's going to be very different this year, but they don't know it! Hearty salads, side dishes and finger food can be quite filling. So, there's no risk of starvation in the ladies' camp! Let's see how the boys fair...

We'll also be celebrating the birthday of one our guests today. She turning 45 again. (We are all forty-fivers here!). And I made her a card. She's very young at heart and cannot stand the sight of Hello Kitty (neither can I!). I've paired Tuesday Morning Sketches #156 with ColourQ #147, but I kept the pink to a minimum (blame it on a certain pink feline).









Here's my card: 
    
The papers are from Dots & Stripes 6x6 pack.

The stamp is from a freebie set that came with a magazine, called "Country Diary of an Edwardian Lady" (Bet she had a parlour!) I inked the flowers with Memento Danube Blue, the stems with Memento Bamboo Leaves and coloured the lot with Promarkers. I cut the image out with Spellbinders Oval dies, leaving the stem to overhang and I tied some pink & white twine. One more layer of Spellbinders Labels 18 in blue and we're done. 
You know me - couldn't help but reach out for my foam tape and gave the image a lift. I cut the green stripe panel with Spellbinders Labels 25. 
I also added some sheer ribbon with a subtle lacy border. More twine and a pink button to finish the card. The sentiment is from the same set, stamped in Danube Blue.
Here's what I did on the inside. There's plenty of room for all of us to sign ... I hope!
I'm also linking my card to a few birthday challenges: Divas by Design #45, Paper Pretties and Fashionista #5. Thank you for spending time with me today. Hope you have a great evening and s super-splendid weekend! Ta ta for now!

Beijinhos.


Blogged to:
Double choc chip muffin (sigh...), coffee and

13 comments:

  1. Your card is lovely, Asha, your friend will love it! I hope she has a wonderful birthday. I love all the beautiful shapes you used on your card. Thanks for joining us this week at the ColourQ and sharing your card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your flowers and your background papers are fantastic. Thank you so much for joining us at the colourQ this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Asha, what a really great take on our sketch at Tuesday Morning Sketches..so great to see you! Please come back again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty card, great take on the sketch...thanks for joining us at Divas!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty!! I love how you combine different Spellbinders!!
    Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the mix of patterns..and that stitching wow. Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. that is such a regal stamp and free-can't beat a freebie. Sounds like a cool evening with friends. And you ladies sit in the parlour......would we call it a conservatory now! Hope you liked our opening ceremony. Being from London I am kinda proud.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card - so sweet and feminine in non pink colors! I love the flower, it's quite lovely. You did a great job with the sketch. I hope your friend loved it and that you all enjoyed the games, the food and drink and that the boys got plenty for their belching pleasure. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the twine bows & ribbon panel on the front - and the inside! Too cool. Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely birthday card, thanks for joining in with our babies or birthdays challenge over at Fashionista.
    Good luck
    Julie x
    My blog
    Pennys Challenges DT member
    Fashionista DT member
    Forever Friends DT member
    OSAAT DT member

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card and lovely colouring...thanks for joining the Divas!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely birthday card!

    Thank you for entering our challenge over at Fashionista Challenge Blog
    Good luck in the draw! – Hope to see you again next time!

    Hugs
    Eva`s Scraproom
    DT Member at Fashionista Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...