Tuesday, 3 July 2012

Belated Birthday

Hiya, Crafty Cronies! It's happened again! I missed a birthday. Not only that, I also missed a couple of my personal deadlines: this blog  post for Mojo Monday 248 and Just Add Ink 124 (which should have been done yesterday) and to cut down on sweet thangs (which should have started last months... yikes!) Don't you just hate it when life gets in the way of the good life. That's when I reach out for a cream cake... suddenly all is well again! Ho-hum ... gotta rush back to the real world. I'll leave you with this card.


  







The paper is from HOTP's "Soft Nostalgia".
The sentiment is from WMS "Fancy Phrases". I used Spellbinders Classic Oval die to cut it out.  The background layer is cut out with Label 18, with a coordinating stamp from WMS Vintage Label 18 set. I added 3 pearls... couldn't help myself!  
I also cut the blue CS with Labels 18 die and gave it the Swiss Dots treatment. To finish: some stitched ribbon.
I hate throwing stuff away and put the spare stamped Labels 18  piece to good use on the inside of the card.
That's it from me. Have to fly out the door before I'm late for work. Don't think I can use blogging as an excuse for that! ;-)

Beijinhos!


Blogged to:
The news on the radio (urgh!) and blueberry muffin... yum!

6 comments:

  1. Great use of the colours Asha. It's a very stylish card and I love the inside of it as well.
    Thanks for playing with us at JAI this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely card and I know what you mean about life getting in the way, I haven't been in my craft room for a few days now, just a bit too busy with work. Anyway, thanks for finding the time and joining in with our colour challenge at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card with lovely colours and elegant shapes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is beautiful!!! I love the colours and that label shape!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how the sentiment oval is raised up on the label; looks great, Asha! Great use of the challenge colours - you've made a beautiful card. Thanks for joining us again at Just Add Ink!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great use of the challenge colours Asha. Your card is lovely. Thanks for joining us at JAI this week.

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...