Friday, 13 July 2012

Are you superstitious?

Well, are you? I'd like to think I'm not but somehow I'm inclined to play it safe today. The past couple days have not been very good for me. My ageing little kitty-cat is poorly although she's handling it a lot better than I am. She's on the mend now but still needing plenty of TLC.  Thank you to everybody who  visited me and left sweet comments. I have not been on my blog-rounds much and will do so over the weekend. In the meantime, I managed to produce this little number. The sketch is from Freshly Made Sketches #43 and the colours are from ColourQ #145. I'm also joining the good folks at Word Art Wednesday #36 with the most uplifting "sentiment" I can think of.















Here's my offering for Friday the 13th!

The papers are by Raspberry Road. Also, some vellum leftover from an earlier Christmas card.


The sentiment is by Verve, stamped with Brilliance Pearlescent Chocolate and cut out with Spellbinders Labels  16.


I cut the bottom edge of the card base with Spellbinders Classic Bracket Edgeabilities.


For embellies, I used a mulberry rose, some twine and a few blingy-thingies.


Some more leftover vellum  and layes of cardstock for the inside.


I'll leave you with this photo of Xiara, my kitty, blissfully soaking up the sun. Don't be freaked out by the tube. Xiara's lost her appetite following her latest chemo session and needs a little help with her meals. She's quite oblivious to the contraption which is a blessing in itself!

Xiara - meditating in the sun.

Thank you so much for stopping by. I'll try to do some visiting this evening. See you again soon.

Beijinhos!


p.s. Pop on over to MIM #98 - plenty of inspiration for your next card project.


Blogged to:
Chocolate eclair, coffee and
Gift from my sister in 1995! I feel old.

28 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Asha and Xiara totally looks like she is enjoying the sun. Poor baby I am so sorry she is sick. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Asha! You are absolutely right.....this IS the most uplifting sentiment ever. There is no better news in the world that this very fact. I wish everyone could hear it, believe on it, and let it change their lives (as well as their eternal destiny). Thanks SO MUCH for sharing this with us in this week challenge at Word Art Wednesday. What a blessing to have you joining in our challenges at Word Art Wednesday. We'd be so honored to have you continue to play along each week and share more of your beautiful art with us. We actually look forward to it!
    Blessings,
    Karen L
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! I love the pattern paper you used. I will be keeping Xiara in my thoughts and prayers! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just beautiful!! I love that shade of yellow! The "Gospel in a nutshell" verse is wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, Asha, and of course awesome way to use those words! Love the way you used that beautiful paper as well. So sorrry about your kitty, I know how bad I feel when one of mine is sick. My daughters cat had chemo, it has been almost a year, so hopefully your will be feeling better soon!Thanks for joining us this week at the ColourQ and sharing your card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! I hope your kitty continues to get better. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great take on the sketch - I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup again this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/07/52-card-pickup-week-28.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH my word. MOST DEFINITELY uplifting--and you've captured it so well! GORGEOUS colors and I adore the flowers! This is just stunning!!! I hope you come and join me at Technique Tuesday--I'd love to see your creation! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Asha, so sorry you have had a bad time but pleased kitty is on the mend. This sentiment is jusr perfect and so uplifting and the papers you have chosen are perfect.
    Smiles and hugs from London x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your sentiment is perfection in the midst of your beautiful card. Xiara is a sweety. ;) Thank you for sharing your lovely work at Word Art Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your card!!Thanks for joining us this week at the ColourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card with lots of lovely embellishments. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches and colourQ!

    Sorry to hear about your kitty. I hope she's on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Asha, this is a stunning card and my favourite bible verse! Trish x

    ReplyDelete
  14. A lovely card - those little rose and rhinestones really make it special. Thanks for playing along with this week's sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  15. lovely sentiment! I saw your card at MIM! Shirl~

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card and colours Asha. I saw this on MIM..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card, beautiful verse Asha..and poor pussy cat, hope she does get well for you...

    Thanks for sharing with us at Make it Monday...

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card! What a sweet picture of your kitty too. Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card! Love the colors and the sentiment.

    And your kitty.... ahwww.... breaks my heart to see her having trouble eating. Hope she's doing better soon. Give her a big hug from me, all the way from Holland ;)


    Thanks so much for playing along with us on WAW.

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh this is lovely Asha. I saw your link at MIM. I'm #82 this week, I'd love it if you stopped by.

    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  21. Another very pretty card. The colours remind me of a lovely bunch of flowers that cheered me up when I really needed cheering up. I popped in from MIM.

    I hope all goes well for your gorgeous cat.

    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi there! Saw you on MIM. Just wanted to let you know I have blog candy if you're interested. :)
    My Blog Candy

    ReplyDelete
  23. hi... saw your card in MIM... pretty cool... and adorable... :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I saw your beautiful creation on Make It Monday and had to come visit and take a closer look. Gorgeous! TFS! My entries are: #89, #90, #91, #151, #154, #155, #173, #254 and #255.
    I would love to have you visit my blog!
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hello I Popped by from MIM to see this Beautiful card ...Faye

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such a truly wonderful creation hun - love the colour scheme you have used - really pretty.
    Thank for joining us this week and good luck!
    Don't forget to check back next week to see if you made my Pick Of The Week!

    Smiles -  Krafty Karen - DT for Make It Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I saw your card at MIM and loved it, what a gorgeous card. Good luck in the challenge. JOx

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...